Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Co enzyme q10  (Read 2505 times)

lorrapaw

Co enzyme q10
« on: November 02, 2016, 06:49:18 PM »

Ive heard this is good for energy. Has anyone tried it for menopause as i lack energy causebof fibromyalgia.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Co enzyme q10
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 07:55:37 PM »

I think there are threads here - maybe use the 'search' button?

perplexed

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 08:02:09 PM »

Hi, I take it very day and find I'm not tired through the day at all.  I had stopped using it for ages, but I do remember that when I did use it a couple of years ago I was the same.  Don't take it before you go tot bed though! I've done taht a couple of times and couldn't get to sleep.  Lunch time is good as it can alleviate the afternoon slump.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 08:03:00 PM »

:thankyou:

wombat62

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 10:07:36 AM »

Hi

My naturopath recommended it as it gets depleted when you take HRT. It also helps with building neurotransmitters which keeps anxiety at bay.

Multi-tasking supplement!

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 10:28:52 AM »

Hi lorrapaw - it's one of those supplements for which there is insufficient evidence as to its benefits. Anecdotal evidence from individuals therefore is not really a sufficient endorsement to warrant taking it, I would say.

Here is an impartial summary of its known effects and what research has shown:
http://www.webmd.boots.com/vitamins-and-minerals/coenzyme-q10-coq10 It has not been approved by US FDA for the treatment of any medical conditions, nor has the European food regulator approved any health claims for it. As far as I can gather research is ongoing.

Are you post-menopause? Also do you take HRT at all and have you had thorough hormone testing to look into the possible causes of your fibromyalgia - including sub-clinical but symptomatic hypo-thyroid problems, oestrogen deficiency due to menopause, low testosterone and possible vitamin or mineral deficiencies which can cause aches, pains or fatigue? It is worth exploring every avenue to help with such debilitating lack of energy!

Hurdity x