Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: VA  (Read 1819 times)

Liz

VA
« on: October 28, 2016, 06:42:19 AM »

As per my post re. "One week off HRT" (which is now 10 days), would it be possible for the signs of VA to spring up within this short time.  I know when I tried to come off HRT before, I started getting thrush-like symptoms within a few weeks but this time I'm feeling a bit itchy and swollen already.

That, combined with my flushing last night, is steering me towards using the gel again this morning, but I don't want to give in too quickly if I can help it, not implying that "giving in" is anything to be ashamed of, it's just that I wanted to see what my own cycle is doing. Won't hesitate to go back on the HRT if I feel I need it to keep symptoms at bay.  I'm 48 and peri (but was trying to see if I'm now post-menopause as not sure what my own cycle is doing due to using HRt for three years).

Thanks for listening. x 

Tinkerbell

Re: VA
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 09:12:14 AM »

I would say that it is totally possible
Especially as you say your flushes are back.
Can you get a prescription for vagifem or Ovestin? as that is not systemic and won't mask what your own cycles are doing.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:14:50 AM by Tinkerbell »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 11:46:54 AM »

Yep. Get some VA treatment ASAP and use at night for 2 weeks ……. then as required.  Try ringing your GP today to see if a script can be left 4 U?

Dawncam

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 11:51:34 AM »

Hi Liz - defo yes! I got it whilst using gel but wasn't absorbing properly. So if you can get it whilst using E, you most definitely can when you're off it. Ovestin worked a treat. I do t wait though, slap it on as soon as I feel the 'ooh what's going on down there' sensation.

Good luck

Dxx

Annemaria

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 02:19:51 PM »

Yes! Within 2 weeks for me with a vengeance! Now on Vagifem probably for the rest of my life.  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 04:57:55 PM »

For Life will give you A Life  ;)

Sweetscarlett

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 06:08:47 PM »

Well said CLKD !
💜💜Ss X

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 07:18:58 PM »

I fought against taking ADs, advised that as I have cyclic depression that I take a low-maintenance dose for Life.  I wanted to know what was causing my depression  :sigh: but now I swallow the medication as Himself and I have fun together again ;-).