Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Itchy!  (Read 3685 times)

Otes73

Itchy!
« on: October 22, 2016, 07:02:22 PM »

Hi, I've been on oestrogel now for a few weeks. Started at 1 pump and now increased to 2. Previously I was taking Tibolone. I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago, my ovaries were left but have stopped working for the last 12 months.
My question is my skin the last 3 days is so itchy! Could this be due to increase in oestrogel?? I did see Tempests post and the gel I have is a French one?! I do have another one which is the proper oestrogel which I picked up yesterday, maybe I'll start that one?
Sorry for my rambling, I've been working today and very tired!

Thanks x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Itchy!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 07:12:00 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop the body dries and may become itchy.

I am sure someone will be along with advice!

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 07:12:15 PM »

Yes I'd switch over and see how the itching goes, also take a anti histamine to ease the itching

If switching stops it you need to tell your surgery that you need the branded version

X

Keepgoing

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 07:53:39 PM »

I would switch also, my body itches when I need more estrogen and on the eostrodose I need to take 4 pumps instead of 3 and I do seem to itch more on it xx

Otes73

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 08:06:24 PM »

Thank you everyone, I'll start with the new pack tomorrow :-) x

Otes73

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 08:53:04 PM »

Update! The itching stopped as soon as I swapped to the branded oestrogel! I'm not sure why as the ingredients look the same?? It stopped within 24 hours though so can't seem it being anything else  ???
Thanks x

Keepgoing

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 01:17:57 AM »

That's great news otes, I'm hoping to get my branded estrogel tomorrow or Thursday as I have told my pharmacists I will not take the other stuff again as I really do itch quite a lot on it and this was one of the worst symptoms before hrt and it did go away on the gel but the eostrodose doesn't control it...the branded estrogel does xx

Tempest

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 04:24:39 PM »

Wow! I'm so glad you didn't itch on the Estrogel but this is seriously WEIRD! I'm just catching up with posts here, but if you pop into my thread about my appointment with Professor Lumsden on Tuesday, you will see that she is now aware of the changes in this product and is rather concerned. She didn't know that the Oestrodose was being bulk imported and repackaged in the UK, and I also took both my Estrogel and Oestrodose canisters to show her as a comparison and was able to point out the faulty pump mechanism on the Oestrodose. I have been changed to a different type of HRT entirely now as I believe the Oestrodose is the culprit and she didn't think it was safe for me to continue with it (and I can't source Estrogel anywhere).

As others have reported, this faulty mechanism is causing variations in dose and the consistency of the gel seems different (the Oestrodose seems less firm in consistency).

Otes73

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 04:33:42 PM »

There is definitely a difference in the consistency, I noticed that straight away! It's only been a few days since I changed but I feel the branded gel does work better as I feel I have less anxiety which I've been suffering with the last few weeks. I didn't have it all when I was taking Tibolone so knew it was down to the gel. I feel so much better now, no anxiety and no itching.....bonus!
I am going to mention it to the GP when I'm next there.
I'm starting testosterone tomorrow so we'll see how that goes!  :o x
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 04:36:09 PM by Otes73 »

Tempest

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 04:43:42 PM »

Yes, DO tell your GP! You can also tell them that a member of the British Menopause Society Medical Advisory Council is now aware of these problems (that's my Consultant).

Good luck with the Testosterone! I'll look forward to seeing how you get on. :)

Otes73

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 05:03:00 PM »

I will pass that information on when I'm next there.

Thanks re testosterone, I'm felt so good taking Tibolone other than daily headaches. That's the only reason I stopped, so I'm hoping testosterone doesn't cause them?

I'll keep you updated!
Have you started your patch? Hope it goes well for you. X