Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: indecision a symptom?  (Read 2401 times)

catlover

indecision a symptom?
« on: February 07, 2017, 01:57:55 PM »

Well I feel it should be!

To summarise, Im 51 years old, struggled with heavy irregular periods for years and last year seemed to suffer from uti symptoms, thrush and vaginitis. 
Went to my nurse practitioner who found  out I was very anaemic with tachycardia so. started iron tablets.
After a hysteroscopy, biopsy and mri a fibroid was found which was removed in the beginning of January after bleeding non stop for six weeks.

Roll on today and Ive had no bleeding since (yay!) but Im now suffering with terrible  night sweats, nausea, my bowels are on the go much more and my vagina is sore and swollen again!   I've taken a fluconazole tablet in case it is thrush and have a slight mucousy discharge now after being dry down there, but Im beginning to think I need hrt.
I really dont want a coil fitted, which is what I think may be recommended, but do you think I would be allowed 'normal ' hrt after a fibroid?
I really wanted to avoid hrt, but I cant go on feeling like this anymore.

Has anyone been in the same boat?

catlover

Re: indecision a symptom?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 02:18:51 PM »

The having it but not starting it in case it makes things worse is typical of me too sparkle!I  ;D

I think Im going to have to bite the bullet and visit the gp, which I hate as I get so nervous, but Im managing to diagnose myself with cancer and allsorts just sat worrying! 

My mum is still on hrt at the grand age of 76 and she swears by it!  I just hope I get a gp who knows their stuff, they seem sadly lacking where meno is concerned.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 02:30:24 PM »

You need treatment for vaginal atrophy [dryness] which is different from other HRTs.  That will plump up the area down there, keep the lips moist which should stop the itchy/dryness.  As oestrogen levels drop so the body dries, inside and out  ::)

As for indecision ..... yep, part of the journey  :D

catlover

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 02:48:51 PM »

Gawd its a delight isn't it?

Im furtively watching other women of 'that' age wondering if theyve got sore nethers!

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 03:07:28 PM »

;D - I tend to do that in supermarkets - if our eyes meet  :o  :rofl: - will you say anything or wait for me

catlover

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 03:10:28 PM »

Ha ha - I'll be the one with either a trolley full of sanitary towels and tampax or buying tubes of canesten  ;D  ;D  ;D

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 03:12:52 PM »

er, um, not sure, could be, perhaps, maybe not, don't know   :-\

Yep definitely  :)

ancient runner

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 03:15:23 PM »

Since starting Femoston last week I have noticed that I'm much more organised again and am getting stuff done rather than looking at it dolefully.  :D

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 03:58:01 PM »

Enjoy it whilst it lasts A R  :D

catlover

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 06:05:29 PM »

Mindfulness sounds good, Im not currently working and spend most of the day procrastinating and   then I feel guilty  :-\   I'd hoped to be sorted after my fibroid op, but it just seems like a never ending progression of things.  I've forced myself to walk the dogs this evening, but the nausea and uncomfotable down below feeling were still a bother.  I'll make an appointment tomorrow and look forwards to more poking and prodding no doubt!
It's good to know I'm not alone though  :-*

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 07:18:09 PM »

GET USING THE VAGIFEM::) - it's the way to ease VA symptoms and the sooner the better - after all, if you don't want to continue once using for 6-8 months, then it can be stopped: but I'm sure that you will find symptoms *will* recur!

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 07:40:06 PM »

"I must try to ease my symptoms
"I must try to ease my symptoms
"I must .............  :whist:

What's not to like?

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 10:43:41 AM »