Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Anyone using 5HTP to boost their mood?  (Read 1433 times)

2cats

Anyone using 5HTP to boost their mood?
« on: October 21, 2016, 09:31:12 PM »

I've known about 5HTP for quite some time now but have never used it.  As I'm in a down in the dumps phase atm, I have wondered about trying it but wanted to ask what other ladies experiences of it are?
 :)

Hurdity

Re: Anyone using 5HTP to boost their mood?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 10:51:41 PM »

Hi 2cats - I haven't taken it but I remembered someone asking about it a few years ago and found the old thread where I looked up some stuff about it. of course it's 3 years old now so maybe there have been more studies. Too tired now to look anything up so hope it helps!

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,21456.msg320220.html#msg320220

Huridty x

2cats

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 05:58:46 AM »

That's really helpful, thanks Hurdity.  Think I'll go back to GP  on Monday and ask about it rather than the Topiramate as it helps with mood and migraine issues.  I've no idea if the Topiramate is making me feel like this or whether it's a coincidence.  No migraines/headaches but an increase in anxiety/misery/racing mind/stress levels....

God I hate this changeover - I worked out that it's been 10/11 years of rollercoaster rides so far and I'm only in my 40s!

walking the dog

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 09:59:15 AM »

Hi 2cats I tried 5htp a few months back and I do think it helped me sleep but my mood remained low. I stopped it as I have restarted sertraline out of desperation