Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: No bleed for 6 months then bam, I could cry 😭😭😭  (Read 5306 times)

Dennylou48

No bleed for 6 months then bam, I could cry 😭😭😭
« on: October 22, 2016, 08:59:09 AM »

Well girlies I was hoping I was well on the way to the end of this terrible peri nearly 6 months with no period and bam this morning that it was, I feel really down in the dumps today, 3 years of sheer helll of every symptom possible the fuzzy head being the worst of them all. I'm so angry with myself. Gggrrrrr

Elizabethrose

Re: No bleed for 6 months then bam, I could cry 😭😭😭
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 09:17:03 AM »

Oh I'm really sorry to hear this dennylou, it's so disappointing isn't it!

I'm sure it's of very little consolation but exactly this happened to me in June and I've had three bleeds since. It is apparently very common, our follicles are being pummelled by high FSH to try to stimulate some action! I think some sneaky little viable follicles tuck themselves away!!  ;)

Don't let it get you down, you never know this may be the last one!!

All good wishes x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 09:20:24 AM »

That's the peri stage for you :-X - such a pain in every way.  Have you considered HRT? Could help enormously and when you oestrogen levels drop still further you may find the meno symptoms increase.  It's a myth to expect the flushes etc, will stop soon after you enter post meno I'm afraid.  Don't be angry - it's all normal and very difficult to control and cope with without HRT.  DG x

Dennylou48

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 09:33:11 AM »

Thanks girls, it's just so disappointing thinking yessssss that's it and then another sneaky one pops up. Not going on hrt , I have managed without it for 3 years with anxiety , fuzzy head, acid reflux and hiatus hernia to name just a few and not taken nothing other than a paracetamol. I hate medication. I will get there like all of us it's just going so long without one that's annoying, I'm a stubborn mule lol. Oh well onwards and upwards. Xx

Autumnlady

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 10:50:32 AM »

That's so disheartening when that happens dennylou. I am four years the other side of it now but I was like you and didn't know when to expect my period to arrive, how it would be or how long it would last. Twice I went 11 months only to have them arrive uninvited again! But everyone is different and that may never happen to you. I think the most important thing to know is that it's normal but you will eventually say ta, ta to them :)

Autumnlady

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 11:17:46 AM »

I can certainly see what you mean Stella, but if someone is having heavy, painful, debilitating periods I suppose they want to be rid of them.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 04:04:24 PM »

The constant oestrogen surges and falls trigger chronic migraine Stellajane so I desperately need the hormones to plateau. At 57 with a peri that's lasted since 41-42, I'm more than ready for it all to end!! Though the benefit is of course that I still look like a 21 year old!  ;)

Dennylou48

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 10:54:22 PM »

Well it didn't even last till lunch time and was gone again, but feel drained and had 2 anxiety episodes which I have not had for a while, and the weird thing is my daughter in law went in to be sterilised today, how crazy is that. I'm not wishing anything away it's just disheartening when you have had a rubbish 3 years of it and then you get up hope that it's finally gonna give you that break, lol who was I trying to fool. Thank you ladies for your replys. Xxx

Dana

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 11:24:08 PM »

Sadly just because your periods stop doesn't mean anything is going to improve unfortunately.

I don't understand the stoic "not doing hrt" thing. Why continue to suffer? Things might not improve when your periods stop.

I never view hrt as "medication". I view it as a daily supplement, much like Vitamin D, calcium, vitamin c and a multitude of other things people never think twice about taking, except hrt is actually something that is totally life altering - for the better. I literally could not live without mine.

Dennylou48

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 10:18:42 AM »

Morning, I hear you ladies about hrt, I think it's a age thing, when I was younger I wouldn't of hesitated, would have jumped to it but now I'm scared of everything, I think like you said getting the right one that I don't like the sound of, don't want to feel worse than I do already. It's just getting the right one like you said. All bleeding has stopped. I got app with go on 31st so may have a chat about it. Thank you xxx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 10:27:27 AM »

With my back, 108 Sparkle! All fine as long as I keep moving! x

Autumnlady

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 04:35:59 PM »

I feel the same way about taking meds, Dennylou.  I am especially nervous of taking HRT. I know it works well for some but it's always the negative stories which stay in my mind. It's not a good way to be really.

Dana

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 11:07:34 PM »

Once again, as I've said before, we have to remember that MM is an extremely small snapshot of the whole menopause story and experience.

The majority of women, who go onto hrt, will go to their doctor, get a prescription, and never even think about swapping and changing, or seeking out a site like MM, because they don't need to.

A lot of the women on MM who have problems settling on a routine are a minority, and often there could be other health or medication issues to take into account. I speak from personal experience.

IMO to base any personal decisions about hrt on the posts made here is not a wise thing to do. Everyone needs to concentrate on their own personal experiences.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 09:45:03 AM »

Wise words Dana.  My gynae said he can prescribe any progesterone type for most women with few, if any, side effects so I think we all need to be very careful about recommending our own HRT regime. We really mustn't undermine what a GP has prescribed for someone or they will expect problems before they have even tried it - if any of the HRTs on offer gave too many problems or side effects then they wouldn't be on the market.
The current trend of using Utrogestan is understandable as it does seem to bring many benefits for some women but my experience of Utro has been very negative overall.

Here on MM we mustn't loose sight of the fact that we are all experiencing things differently and it is natural to become anxious about health issues as we age.  100 years ago we would have been lucky to even get to the  menopause, so to a degree it is a modern problem.
My hope is that our daughters will get better advice and treatment - our generation has hopefully paved the way - it's slowly becoming less of a taboo subject. DG x

Elizabethrose

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2016, 01:31:23 PM »

I'm really sorry for you Menomale I know how disappointing that can be! However, it's not something we've never experienced before, the consolation will be that you must be having a lull from the flushes and sweats: get as much sleep as you can before the next batch slip in!! Start counting again, I'm on 52 days today, whoop whoop!!  ;)
Pages: [1] 2