Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hi, hello  (Read 2519 times)

Blakeygray

Hi, hello
« on: October 21, 2016, 07:40:38 PM »

Hello everyone.

I've just joined up and have spent most of the day and evening reading and empathising, with your stories.

I had a hysterectomy when I was 32,  my cervix was removed but not my ovaries. However I've had extreme  night sweats and hot flushes off and on for the last 12 years. But the biggest killer for me is the lack of libido; add  the lack of sleep, irritability and  mood swings into the mix and the result is the unhappy 50 yr old I've morphed into.

My partner and I have always had an active love life but for the last two years at least,  my desire has dropped off.

I'm hoping I can get some testosterone gel  on the NHS. Wish me luck and thank you Menopause matters for making me see that I'm not alone or going insane.

Dancinggirl

Re: Hi, hello
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 08:46:11 PM »

Hi and welcome - I do hope you are on some oestrogen????? If not, do get some a.s.a.p.  - very negligent of your doctors not to have prescribed this for you - especially as you have clearly been oestrogen deficient for a long time. You need the oestrogen to protect your heart and bones for the long term and it may help the libido as well.  DG x

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 09:05:15 PM »

My goodness you could be my twin

Hysterectomy same age
Ovaries kept but failed
Symptoms sound similar
Same age

I've been on oestrogen since just after hysterectomy as I developed menopause symptoms after the ovaries failed.  I had a scan recently and they couldn't find my ovaries, it seems they may have shrivelled and disintegrated and subsequently I have been given testosterone, I'm on day 9 going slowly on it as I don't want nasty side effects

You really should've had oestrogen offered at such a young age of 32

Welcome by the way !

X

Blakeygray

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 09:49:41 AM »

Morning Annie and Dancing girl,  thank you both for replying.

What a godsend this site is!

I can't say a word against the treatment I received at the time but having read the information and experiences on here,  it does appear that I've been  left blowing in the wind after my hysterectomy.

Anyway knowledge is power and hopefully I can get myself sorted out now.

Onwards and upwards as they say eh.

Blakeygray

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 06:26:28 AM »

Thank you menomale, I'll mention this to my gp. Love the username by the way.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 05:18:22 PM »

Hi Blakeygray

I spoke to you on another thread but in case I didn't do so I wanted to say :welcomemm: !

Hurdity x

Blakeygray

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 08:53:19 PM »

Hi Hurdity,  thank you for responding here and on the other thread. God bless ya!

Well I have my appointment with the gp on the 14th but am suffering,   feel like I'm going to crack up but am more bloody angry than anything else.

I suppose it's like when you need the loo and have been holding it in; the closer you get to home the more desperate you feel.

I hereby declare hot  flushes, tiredness and lack of sleep to be weapons of torture  :(