Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Can I scream?  (Read 5635 times)

cubagirl

Can I scream?
« on: October 21, 2016, 10:55:11 AM »

Arghhhhhhh
Visitors coming today, so lots to do. Hubby asks if he can help & I say not at that moment.  So after doing some cleaning, washing etc I ask if he can help me shopping. Off we go. I get some fruit & veg & ask him to weigh. Doesn't know how scales work!!! Then separates into two carriers which was unnecessary. Can't put veg on top of fruit, how about doing it the other way round then! He smiles at my frustration as I say he should have stayed at home. Then we go to get petrol, doesn't know how to work the pump.  "Help ma Bob!" I obviously do far too much for him. He empties dishwasher, then leaves half the stuff on top of unit for me to put away as he "doesn't know where some of them go!"  All the time he's moaning he's not well. Flu, he says. Yeah right he'd be in his bed if it was flu!

Beware big scream coming. Argggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Milamam

Re: Can I scream?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 02:59:59 PM »

;D ;D ;D
Similar here, CG!!
My husband has never touched the dishwasher - says doesn't know how to load/unload or put it on!!! How complex is that!!!! Until recently, had never touched a washing mashine either. All modern-life appliances are sooo distant to him, yet tell me about the iphones and stiff  :beat:

cubagirl

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 03:33:29 PM »

Mine has taken up photography as a hobby. He can Photoshop until his heart's content, but don't ask him to do everyday stuff.

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 06:46:02 PM »

Mmm......DH says he will vacuum in his own time.......now I wonder when that will be......this year, next year, sometimes, n
                                   e
                                      v
                                         e
                                            r?

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 08:31:05 PM »

I feel blessed then .... my OH can do anything if he has to!  Because he works so hard and is self employed I never ask him to help with cleaning or cooking but he can turn his hand to anything. He will shop, cleans the cars, we do about half the gardening each, he deals with all the bills and paperwork and fixes anything that breaks. He will decorate, lay tiles, tile walls, clean the brickweave etc and it's all done beautifully as he's a perfectionist.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 08:33:17 PM »

Arghhhhhhh
Visitors coming today, so lots to do. Hubby asks if he can help & I say not at that moment.  So after doing some cleaning, washing etc I ask if he can help me shopping. Off we go. I get some fruit & veg & ask him to weigh. Doesn't know how scales work!!! Then separates into two carriers which was unnecessary. Can't put veg on top of fruit, how about doing it the other way round then! He smiles at my frustration as I say he should have stayed at home. Then we go to get petrol, doesn't know how to work the pump.  "Help ma Bob!" I obviously do far too much for him. He empties dishwasher, then leaves half the stuff on top of unit for me to put away as he "doesn't know where some of them go!"  All the time he's moaning he's not well. Flu, he says. Yeah right he'd be in his bed if it was flu!

Beware big scream coming. Argggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Scream away! I fully understand the problem with leaving stuff from dishwasher all on the worktops. MY late MIL did that every time she came here until one day I told her that she was actually making MORE work for me by doing that as I had to come along and put it all away.

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 06:14:47 AM »

I feel blessed then .... my OH can do anything if he has to!  Because he works so hard and is self employed I never ask him to help with cleaning or cooking but he can turn his hand to anything. He will shop, cleans the cars, we do about half the gardening each, he deals with all the bills and paperwork and fixes anything that breaks. He will decorate, lay tiles, tile walls, clean the brickweave etc and it's all done beautifully as he's a perfectionist.

Can I borrow your DH, PF?  ;D There's a load of jobs need doing here! I would tackle them if I didn't have low energy.

I shouldn't complain about my DH as I knew what I was taking on when I married him! He's a lovely, lovely man. It's just he started decorating  the small spare room months ago...........the paint pots and uncarpeted room remains unfinished!