Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello from a newbie  (Read 1592 times)

debbie7165

Hello from a newbie
« on: October 21, 2016, 05:30:12 PM »

Hi im 45yrs old, just been told by my dr im in menopause :(
For the last month i have been spotting about 20 days now & last 3 days then started to bleed very heavy, been feeling very very low, couldnt stop crying at anything & nothing..so dr has put me on more anti depressants, & my face goes very red & very hot lasts up to about 5 mins..
already hate menopause..
just feels like im going through this alone, its been very frightening as not knowing whats happenng to my body, so hoping i can make some lovely supportive friends in here.xx

Kathleen

Re: Hello from a newbie
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 06:30:17 PM »

Hello debbie 7165.

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and confirm that you are not alone in what you are going through.

We have many expert ladies who will be able to  help with any problems, you only need to ask!

Take care and keep posting.

K.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 07:26:08 PM »

Hi debbie7165

:welcomemm: from me too :)

Feeling low and crying at anything is so typical of the peri-menopause - I cried buckets but have never been depressed! Nothing at all to be frightened of - just read as much as you can from the main website (top menu green banner) and you will find out so much about what's happening to your body. There's a great article here about peri-menopause:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-perils-of-the-perimenopause.php

Have you skipped any periods yet or is it the long bleeding episode which has led the doc to say you are "in menopause". Perhaps you have had blood tests? The thing is docs are not supposed to give out ADs to women with menopausal symptoms and these certainly will not help to regulate your cycle and control the hormonal surges you must be experiencing (to cause the weeping!). HRT should be the first line of treatment so even if you are on ADs and are "in menopause" the doc is quite wrong not to consider a hormonal treatment. Some women are prescribed a gentle type of birth control pill at this point - there are two which contain an oestrogen the same as in our bodies and as in most HRT types ( estradiol) and these are called QLAIRA  and ZOELY. You might like to think about these before HRT and especially if your periods are still pretty regular and you haven't skipped any really. These will control your cycle and hopefully limit the weepiness!

Hope this helps and please do ask anything else and we can try to help!

Hurdity x

debbie7165

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 08:34:17 AM »

Good morning, ty ladies for your lovely replies,
Yes i am already on AD have been for few years, My periods are always 26-28 days, never skipped one in my life (only when i was pregnant)
Then last month i was 10 days late, then spotted for for 20 days & for the last 4 days i am bleeding so heavy that im floodding through the night, no towels are keeping me dry, i am even wearing the Always ultra maxi long pads, I have had the blood tests done, the dr did say it came back normal but said not all women show up in the tests & he still thinks with all the symptoms i have told him i am in menopause
He did talk to me about HRT but his main concern at the minute is how low i was feeling that my normal meds were not strong enough for me , he couldnt up them any more as the ones i am on i am already taking max dosage, he said to get my spirits up again & ive got to see him again next week to talk about options to how to cope with it all.
My spirits have gone up quite a bit, but its the blood loss thats sending me quite dizzy sometimes, hubby said i might have to take iron/vitamin tablets to help?
Also not sure if this is related or not but has happened over last few nights when im in bed starting to fall asleep my legs from my knees up they ache to the point they twitch quite a lot, its hard to explain but they hurt too & they keep me awake for hours before i finally can nod off
I even have a bruise on the inside of my knee about the size of hand palm, i have no idea how that got their, its in an akward spot so i dont see how i could have knocked it?
thank you for all your lovely support, hope when i understand all of this more i  can also help other newbies.xx

debbie7165

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 10:25:19 AM »

Thank You Sparkle, yes i will ask the doctor to test me, just had a shower & lots of black/dark red clots came out of me sorry TMI, I'm having to sit on a towel to dry myself as i kept leaking & couldn't get a pad on me quick enough..
Does any other ladies go through this at all? I appreciate were all going to be different, But just helps to know if its all sort of normal for menopause.xx