Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on day 2 of Utrogestan  (Read 1133 times)

Liz

Bleeding on day 2 of Utrogestan
« on: October 21, 2016, 06:15:19 AM »

Hi ladies, this month I've got my bleed on day 2 of the Utrogestan phase (therefore 3 weeks after my last period).  I'm wondering whether I need to take the rest of the Utrogestan cycle this month.  It makes me feel foul anyway, but as I'm already bleeding, do I need to take the rest of the phase of Utro?

(BTW, this month I tried the 100mg dose instead of 200mg dose, so perhaps this is why).  I just hate progesterone so thought I'd give the 100mg dose a go.  To the honest, I'm down to 1 pump of Oestrogel now and thinking of trying without HRT, because the Utrogestan makes me feel so down, tired, etc.

I'm 48 and peri (I think! Not sure if I'm still having my own periods due to using HRT for 3 years).  Thanks for reading.

Dancinggirl

Re: Bleeding on day 2 of Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 09:10:50 AM »

I experienced erratic bleeding and spotting with Utrogestan - never had this with any other type of progesterone.  If taken orally I think it isn't always absorbed properly and there are more side effects - low mood, sedation etc..
It does sound to me as though Utro isn't right for you. Perhaps you need to try Provera which seems to suit many women very well - it's also one of the kinder synthetic progesterones and I have read many posts on MM from women  who don't like Utro but are doing well on Provera. It is trial and error.  Perhaps take a break first for 4-8 weeks to see how you feel and also see where you are in the meno journey. DG x