Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: No bleed yet 7 days after finishing the utrogestan stage  (Read 1508 times)

Michelle46

No bleed yet 7 days after finishing the utrogestan stage
« on: October 20, 2016, 01:50:09 AM »

Hi ladies
I use oestriogel and utrogestan which I use for 12 days then usually when I've finished the utrogestan stage I will get a bleed within 4 days. This month it's day 7 and no bleed yet. Why is this?

Michelle46

Re: No bleed yet 7 days after finishing the utrogestan stage
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 07:39:05 AM »

Thanks Stellajane. I'll wait and see x

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 12:41:48 PM »

If you used Utrogestan vaginally this time then that could explain it because it is more targeted and works better at thinning/clearance and part of the reason it works better when used in this way is because it stays in your system for longer.  You might also find that your period is lighter this month. 

I really wouldn't worry, you take a lot of Utrogestan and it sounds like it's doing its job well!

Michelle46

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 02:51:28 PM »

Thanks everyone
I used it orally this time around (decided I'd give it another go). I didn't have too many side effects. Now I don't really know when I'll have a bleed. Last month I also had a bit of a bleed in between. Bit confused 🤔

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 03:19:40 PM »

Michelle46 - if you are peri-menopausal still then you could have unpredictable bleeding. If you haven't had a bleed this time then you simply haven't built up enough lining for a bleed. it also depends on the doses. I presume you are on a fairly low dose oestrogen and perhaps 200 mg utrogestan? If you only took 100 mg utrogestan orally then this is much less than the licensed dose so maybe insufficient - although I would have thought if you had any lining built up from the oestrogen, some of it would have come away even with insufficient progesterone?

Just carry on with the cycle and see what happens next month.

Hurdity x