Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Sore neck and throat panic....  (Read 15610 times)

Justjules

Re: Sore neck and throat panic....
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2016, 09:17:37 AM »

Yes, it is Sparkle! 

Well, I've been to the Drs as I kept waking up last night absolutely boiling hot and heart racing so I thought I better go.  Dr said even though there's nothing there for her to see, I've got a temperature apparently so she has swabbed my throat and will see what it reveals and sending me for a blood test to check white cell count.  She said having a temp was a good sign as it just means fighting an infection so she wasn't too worried about nasties etc. but would refer me to ENT if it hasn't gone in a couple of weeks.

So.... in silly Julie's head,instead of just thinking great, getting it sorted, my mind is now worrying about results from white cell count in case they're too low and it is something horrible, and thinking if the infection isn't in my throat, where is it!!??  Oh God help me.....I feel like slapping myself!!! x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2016, 12:35:01 PM »

The throat is often the first line of defence against 'bugs' i.e. it becomes sore when it is alerting the body to invaders.  Will be interesting to see what the swab grows. 

Justjules

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2016, 12:56:57 PM »

Ha ha, that's some comfort Sparkle!  I feel rubbish today now and off my food so that's added in as well now.

CLKD, do you mean still related to some sort of throat-type infection though???

x

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2016, 01:15:44 PM »

It is probably an infection.  Think how the bodies defence system works!  If one sustains a cut, where is the swelling/soreness?  ::)

Justjules

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2016, 01:37:40 PM »

CKLD - using the word 'probably' is not helpful in this instance  ;D  I'm only joking....I know nobody can say what it is!

Sparkle, it would have been a problem by now I'm sure and you're bloods are obviously fine. 

Megamind, probably just have to wait the usual 3 or 4 days unless any probs.  I can't get to have the blood test until tomorrow as in work and have to travel to the hospital to have them with our surgery.

x

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2016, 02:05:59 PM »

Possibly then  :-\  ::)

Elizabethrose

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2016, 02:07:21 PM »

:congrats: on going to the docs!! Well done you!

Bet you've got the dreaded lurgy, it's doing the rounds at the moment. My husband sounds just like you in that it brews and brews for weeks on end, coming and going where his immune system is fighting it off. Then usually it hits him like a sledge hammer!

I'm sure all will be well JJ. Don't worry, about a thing, coz every little thing................   ;) x

Justjules

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2016, 02:18:33 PM »

I hope so ER! I had to put my big girl pants on and drag myself there!!! 
x
Pages: 1 2 [3]