Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Estrogel - Covered In A Rash!  (Read 14596 times)

Rhiner

Re: Estrogel - Covered In A Rash!
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 05:56:44 PM »

Response from the Prof sounds quite positive Tempest, fingers crossed!
Rx

Keepgoing

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 06:37:40 PM »

Hope it's just a blip tempest, hope you keep well till Tuesday xx

Annie0710

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2016, 07:04:19 PM »

Aw I'm glad you had a response and you sound positive xx

Babsm67

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2016, 07:43:46 AM »

Hi Tempest, so p!eased to hear that Professor Lumsden has been able to give you some reassurance - hope everything goes well next Tuesday xx
Thank you for your good wishes on the 'Work meltdown' thread  :) xx

Tempest

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2016, 05:07:19 PM »

Thank you all so much for your very kind words! :thankyou:

Well, the rash is not getting any worse but it's not getting better either. I am now using 3 pumps which is what Professor Lumsden originally advised in a split dose, and carefully avoiding any areas that are itchy and bumpy. Feel a tad more stable, dose is not running out halfway through the day (except a drop late afternoon after the previous evening's dose leaves my system).

When you're in surgical meno., you feel every 'bump' of your HRT, I can tell you! For me, a drop in the dose = adrenal surge and jitters, and I can set my watch by it! I'm now getting a 'feel' for this, and am keeping a journal of my symptoms as many of the ladies do over at Hystersisters. It's the only way to keep track of what's working and what isn't without becoming horribly confused.

I also am very careful to do any increases slowly, and at no more than half a pump at a time to allow things to settle. I know Professor Lumsden mentioned that ideally I should be on 4 pumps as my recent blood estradiol levels came back extremely low, but as I have said before now that the blinkin' rash has showed up it kinda puts the kibosh on this until I see her next week.

I only hope I can stay on transdermal - even being on oral temporarily ahead if an implant gives me the heebies!

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 03:49:10 PM »

Hi Tempest

Been having a quick catch up on MM! Really glad the Prof came through for you.

Out of interest, how is your mood and how are you feeling overall with the gel?  If you remember, both of us started it at the same time before and gave up due to the jitters.  Hope it's working better for you this time.

It sounds crazy but I could feel the hit from the gel and also feel it wearing off.  Now I am on patches, I know when my mood is going to lift because I can actually feel a tingly sensation around my lower abdomen and start to feel warm, glowy and happy.  Strangely this continues whilst on the combi patches for a good 10 days.

Anyway that's me digressing - hope all is well with you.xxx

Tempest

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2016, 04:18:53 PM »

Hi!!!! How lovely to hear from you Mis71Mum!

To be honest, the gel is a disaster for me! Still the same old, same old with surges. I'm going to tell her that even despite the rash, I cannot continue with this stuff as the ups and downs are unbearable. I've tried sticking it out, but the rash was the deal breaker!

Im so glad you're doing better on the patches! Funnily enough, after I had spinal surgery a few years ago I could tolerate the fentanyl patches as they were tiny, but not the morphine patches as they were bigger so I'm going to discuss with her if the Estradot may be an option for me. I've phoned round a few pharmacies this afternoon, and the supply issue seems to have been resolved.

I'm generally ok so long as I don't stick anything or rub anything over the keratosis pilaris I have on my arms and legs. And of course, the gel is an arm or leg application so I think this could be the problem. Not sure about the 'change in sweat composition' theory, to be honest! I was terrified that this might be a return of the chronic urticaria I had when I started peri, but it seems not (so that's something at least)!

I'm trying to avoid the oral route at all costs, so we will see. An implant is an option if we can ever find out what level I feel best on. It's been a crazy, bumpy and somewhat scary road so far!

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2016, 04:31:33 PM »

Oh Tempest - i'm really sorry to hear that.  I was hoping that the only stumbling block for you was the rash, although I appreciate in your circumstances, that the stumbling blocks can be huge because of your allergies.

I know it's really hard, but try not to get disheartened.  I know lots of ladies on here swear by the gel but for me, and I hope you too, that the patch can deliver a smoother consistent-er dose. 

Yes I agree - I'm wanting to avoid the oral route at all costs.

Good luck for Tuesday - and I hope it seems to come round quickly for you. xx

Annie0710

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2016, 04:39:22 PM »

Oh Tempest I wrote on the other thread how you seem more upbeat these days. 

Re:Estradot, providing you can tolerate the adhesive stuff they use I can vouch for their small size and stick ability. You could put it on your buttocks instead of your thigh x
Pages: 1 [2]