Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: HRT Change from Elleste Solo 2mg to Evorel 100  (Read 2599 times)

CBT345

HRT Change from Elleste Solo 2mg to Evorel 100
« on: January 24, 2018, 01:47:56 PM »

Hi all, I hope someone can help.
I began HRT 4 years ago on the Elleste Solo oral meds. I had no problems with this medication until 6 months ago, I started getting severe headaches after a nights attempt at sleep. My temp became high and the sweats and flushes came back with vengeance. I believe the headaches were the result of dehydration through the night.
I have been a week on Evorel 100 patches, I have no more headaches, the high temp and sweats have already started to calm down. However; my concern is my mood, I feel so angry, my tolerance has dropped. I do not know what the hell is happening, is this normal, will it pass?
Please help, I feel like I am going off my head.

Hurdity

Re: HRT Change from Elleste Solo 2mg to Evorel 100
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 08:08:54 PM »

Hi CBT345

:welcomemm:

Sorry I can't say why this should happen. I presume you've either had womb removed (and maybe ovaries?) or have a Mirena coil, which is why you're not taking progesterone? Perhpas you could tell us a bit more eg how old you are, and what your periods were doing previously if you have had a hysterectomy? Were you taking Elleste 2 mg? Perhaps the dose is too high for you all at once although I haven't come across anger as a side effect of oestrogen - as it is usually the feel good hormone! Not sure what increasing the external dose suddenly would do? Some women do experience temporary side effects though.

Apologies this is probably not much help - but usually the advice is to give each HRT time to settle (3 months usually advised) so a week is quite a short time - see how it goes? Hopefully someone else might be able to give their experience too - I've never been on a dose this high myself!

Hurdity x

CBT345

Re: HRT Change from Elleste Solo 2mg to Evorel 100
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 12:16:43 AM »

Thank you so much for replying.
I had a hysterectomy at the age of 27 where I had my womb removed but my ovaries were left intact.
At the age of 45, I began having the hot flushes, profound sweating at night. They carried out a vaginal scan and ultra sound scan and discovered that my ovaries were no longer detectable.
I started out firstly on 1mg oral Elleste Solo and whilst it helped, I was still having a lot of problems, the doc increased to 2mg. For about 18 months everything was good and then it became unbearable, worse that when I first started the treatment. They have now put me on the Evorel 100.
I am hypothyroid and currently on 350mcg daily which has been reduced since being on HRT as I was on 475 mcg for years. I can hear people gasp at that amount of thyroxine but I am just in the normal range on this amount.
I just dont like this feeling and whilst you say you are not much help, saying it would take usually three months, it gives me some guidance to keep plodding.

x