Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: The body dries out as oestrogen levels drop  (Read 2878 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
The body dries out as oestrogen levels drop
« on: October 17, 2016, 08:38:07 AM »

Apparently, as oestrogen levels drop so the body dries, inside and out: nostrils, deep in the ears, eustachian tubes can narrow, vagina, skin ……

As oestrogen levels drop muscles can become lax = aches and pains.

Dancinggirl

Re: The body dries out as oestrogen levels drop
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 09:35:15 AM »

Oestrogen deficiency is awful generally.  It's such a shame that HRT treatment has not been perfected so more of us can use it without risks or side effects, if for no other reason than to benefit our long term health. DG x

abbyH

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 09:36:37 AM »

I've been having awful dry eyes and ear pains feels like I constantly need to clear them.. Could this be one side effect of E deficiency?

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 01:25:58 PM »

It is for me.  My ears suddenly pinch, deep inside, enough to make me go 'oh'  :-\

Mary G

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 04:28:41 PM »

CLKD, that sums it up exactly.  Oestrogen seems to act like a control centre for so many vital bodily functions and without it, all sort of things seem to go wrong for many women. 

DG, I feel that the oestrogen side of HRT is sorted and I love Oestrogel but, sadly, the wretched progesterone component (where all the risks lie) lets it down badly for me and desperately needs to be replaced with something more workable and more easily tolerated for those women who struggle with it. 

Duavive has been mentioned on another thread and this could be a viable option if only it could be marketed as a separate product which could replace progesterone and be used with transdermal oestrogen.

cubagirl

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 05:03:30 PM »

Wish my nostrils would dry out a bit. I have a dripping tap caused by post nasal drip.

wombat62

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 10:05:21 PM »

If they know it's the progesterone part of HRT is the cause of risks then as Mary G said surely they can hopefully separate this new drug to replace it?

We are all living longer, having to work longer, deal with stress longer (which depletes whatever meagre supplies we have left!) then we need something to keep us going! I would love to come off HRT but I suspect I'm going to be one of those who has on going issues as I go through phases of feeling really dried out! Nose, eyes, digestive system etc feel like I can't get enough liquid but not thirsty. My skin has always been on the dry side but now having lost weight I look pretty wrinkly now around the neck, chin and hands no matter how much cream I slap on :(  although everyone keeps telling me how well I look!

Fingers crossed they are on to it!

Janice68

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 10:24:00 AM »

Wish my nostrils would dry out a bit. I have a dripping tap caused by post nasal drip.

That's my nose too and I'm not post meno!!
Janx

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 11:12:51 AM »

I did find that post nasal drip kept away any awful germs doing the rounds.  For years I didn't suffer gut upsets (PHEW!), colds, coughs - where as this year !  I am now into my 2nd Germ ……...

cubagirl

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 11:22:19 AM »

Not made that kind of difference to me CLKD, worst luck!