Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Bleeding after starting using patch  (Read 1377 times)

barbara92

Bleeding after starting using patch
« on: November 01, 2016, 07:16:18 AM »

Hi I started on patches Evrol Conti last Friday and during the night, having changed patch yesterday, started heavy period like bleeding. Haven't had a proper period for two years. Wasn't happy to change to patches in the first place.
Has this happened to anyone else??

vickypk

Re: Bleeding after starting using patch
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 04:22:04 PM »

Hi barbara92
I've been using those patches for over a year and haven't experienced that.  I have a friend using the same patches and she has had bleeding and had to get it checked out - all was fine.
Hope the bleeding settles down.
xx

barbara92

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 05:30:15 PM »

Just spoke to my GP and due to the bleeding and the patch not sticking properly she wants me to go back on to Ellest Conti tablets to try again

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 06:26:55 PM »

Hi barbara92

:welcomemm:

How old are you and where are you in menopause - I presume post-menopause as you are on continuous combined HRT? How long have you been on the tablets too?

The thing is if you started bleeding, but didn't on the tablets, this implies that your lining has built up and possibly needs to be shed - that is a very small amount of progestogen (ie since Friday) to trigger a bleed.  Do you still have the tablets and are you changing to these straight away. In your position - due to the heavy bleed - I would ask for a scan of my womb lining just to check whether it has thickened on the conti tablets - but also depends where you are in menopause too ie if definitely post meno?

Hurdity  x