Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: To anyone who changes patch every 3 1/2 days rather than 3rd & 4th day  (Read 7496 times)

Dana

Quote from: Hurdity

Yes interesting Dana - in fact the patches contain way more oestrogen than is said to be absorbed so we are probably throwing away quite a but each time. In fact it is probably a better way of reducing dose ( if you want to do so) - instead of getting the next dose down - especially as you say - they are in short supply. My pharmacy is only giving me one month's supply at a time now. :(

Hurdity x

Here's something interesting for you Hurdity. I started changing my patches weekly in December/January and I use Provera on a two monthly cycle. There has been no change in my symptoms (if anything I think I've even been sleeping better) or in the type of bleed I have until this month.

I did my normal 12 days of Provera and then had one day of a "so so" bleed and then hardly anything after that. Now normally I would have at least 2-3 days of a "not too heavy but okay" bleed and then a few days of spotting.

So now I'm wondering if I am getting less estrogen by changing once a week. If I am it certainly isn't giving me any symptoms so maybe I can reduce my dose now. Of course I will need to see what happens in two months time as this could just be a one-off, but very interesting as I've never had this light a period for years.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:55:02 PM by Dana »
Pages: 1 [2]