Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Grrrrr online clothes orders  (Read 6725 times)

cubagirl

Grrrrr online clothes orders
« on: October 17, 2016, 03:41:49 PM »

Having ordered things from two of the biggest high street clothing stores for many years without problems, that is until today, when both have managed to mess up my orders. One sent stuff to wrong store & have reordered & now on my account twice. They have tried to reassure me that I won't be charged twice. Yeah right! Other store gave me something which was for someone else, they messed up the order numbers. They have apologised profusely for the error. Just hope other woman isn't desperate for her order as I can't take back until later in the week.

Is it just me?

cubagirl

Re: Grrrrr online clothes orders
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 04:04:58 PM »

I usually get good use of things I order, I have to say. But I ordered PJs & got a swimsuit.  Not even my size or style. They have offered me an e-voucher as an apology. Whether that transpires or not remains to be seen, but I have it in writing, albeit via their online chat facility.

I hate trying to look around stores for things I like & prefer online. Years ago I would have traipsed around clothes shops no problem. I'm turning into my hubby!  😂😂😂

Hermes have had their moments here too. Our address isn't easy to find, but not that difficult!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 04:08:59 PM »

I agree Sparkle. I thank goodness for online shopping and do a lot, however, I regularly find packages stuffed under the front garden trees and shrubs. I once found an ASOS cardboard box left out in torrential rain, I threw a complete hissy fit and received a very generous money off code. Complain loudly cubagirl!

Just read your latest post - if it was M and S they take the cost off of your next online purchase.

cubagirl

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 04:52:26 PM »

Ah thanks ER. Will see next time round.  ::)

getting_old

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 05:32:49 PM »

I buy the odd clothing item online, but usually the same things so I will buy new trousers or leggings to replace old ones. I dread the day they change styles or sizing!
I've also purchased a few pairs of shoes online and even though I'm buying the same brand I find the sizing varies greatly depending on the shoe which can be a real pain. I bought some expensive boots a few weeks ago and when they arrived they were very different to the online pictures so I complained and they arranged a free return - good job really as I decided to try them on just to check the sizing (had already arranged the return) and discovered they were way too small  :-X

Elizabethrose

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 05:44:30 PM »

:rofl:

littleminnie

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 06:07:52 PM »

Hermes is very good here.  They come to my house that often they know it well.

littleminnie

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 08:03:22 PM »

Very rare they knock.

cubagirl

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:48 PM »

One courier company went to the bother of sticking of those "Sorry you weren't in"  notes through our door. We were in!!! I was fuming. Immediately phoned the company & guy came back round later in the day, swearing he'd knocked on the door. Err NO!

Katejo

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 10:09:19 PM »

One courier company went to the bother of sticking of those "Sorry you weren't in"  notes through our door. We were in!!! I was fuming. Immediately phoned the company & guy came back round later in the day, swearing he'd knocked on the door. Err NO!
I rarely order clothes online but any online orders I make get delivered to my work address.

cubagirl

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 10:12:18 PM »

So annoying isn't it. We're not stupid, so don't treat us like we are. We used to have a lovely lady who worked for a few of the courier companies beside us, she was great. Deliveries with a smile & a wee chat. But not now. OK doubt they get good wages, but still.....

cubagirl

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 11:43:30 AM »

I'd draw the line at furniture too. Clothes, shoes, anything of a reasonable size I don't mind taking in for others.

Dana

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 11:11:43 PM »

I'm not that keen on shopping, but I would never buy clothes online because I need to be able to feel and try on clothes first.

Clothing sizes are so unpredictable in Australia that I wouldn't have a clue what size to order online. I often need to take three different sizes into the fitting room to see which one fits best.

Also you just never know what something is going to look like when it's on. Something that looks lovely in a photo or on a hanger may look horrible when you've got it on.