Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New doctor is great!  (Read 2263 times)

linz57

New doctor is great!
« on: October 13, 2016, 04:26:34 PM »

A couple of months ago I posted on here that I had changed my doctor and moved to another surgery. After two years of putting up with ignorance and incompetence regarding hrt I thought enough is enough.
Anyway, this morning I had an appointment with the new doctor, who incidentally is a middle aged female. What a revelation! She is so clued up on the whole hrt issue and women's health in general. She is up to date with all the latest guidelines and when I asked about upping my patch strength she said "let's try it because age shouldn't determine the dose, the correct dose for an individual is the one that relieves the symptoms". She is such a breath of fresh air and I told her I was so happy to have found someone at long last who is  so positive about hrt and its benefits. She also said if I ever consider the Mirena coil she will fit it for me in the surgery. ( my previous doctor said it couldn't be used for hrt and she couldn't fit them anyway. She also had never heard of Utrogestan😡)
So ladies,I suppose the point I am trying to make here is,don't be like me and put up with poor treatment from a doctor, get out there and search for a new one. It may not be easy but it is possible!

Elizabethrose

Re: New doctor is great!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 04:31:35 PM »

Im really pleased for you Linz57, well done you! x

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 04:43:44 PM »

I've bagged myself a lovely one too.  I had no idea she joined when I did in 2012 , she sorted OHs gout by referring him and it was pure chance she was the doc who called me back re urine infection and now she's a keeper

So lovely when you finally get the right GP ! X

linz57

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 04:49:58 PM »

Isn't it just Annie? It's a feeling of great relief to know that someone actually cares enough to help us.
Sparkle, I'm thinking of asking her if she would like to run her surgery from my spare room😄. I just hope to god she stays at this practice  and it  isn't a stopgap for her......eek!

linz57

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 06:22:56 PM »

Just forward a donation of £1,000 to my account and I'll tell you my address hahaha😉

Janice68

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 07:05:35 PM »

I'm glad to hear about your new gp wonderful!!!
Jan x