Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: tell me your weirdiest vivid dream  (Read 7342 times)

nothappybun

tell me your weirdiest vivid dream
« on: October 12, 2016, 12:03:41 AM »

I read this today and it could be due to deprived sleep:
"You are most likely to recall dreams if you wake at the end of a REM episode," says Scammell. "Americans, who are chronically sleep-deprived, probably miss out on some REM sleep. This builds up pressure for REM sleep. So when you're catching up on your sleep, you may have more REM sleep with more intense dreams."

Here goes my weird dream last night
I woke up with my heart pondering like mad trying to get my EH's hands of my neck. He was clinging really hard and weighed a lot, it was pulling me to the floor and I couldn't break free. :-\

lily

Re: tell me your weirdiest vivid dream
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 03:37:15 AM »

I have many weird dreams - last night I was at a ball and went to the ladies room but got lost. The place I was in turned into a ship and I was lost in corridors. A nest of ants appeared beside me and erupted with ants scurrying everywhere! I think this was a mixture of a book I am reading and something I saw on facebook  :o No wonder I am tired when I get up  ::)

Dana

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 06:14:52 AM »

I've have too many weird dreams to recount here. Most of them are weird. I actually love to dream, even when they are totally crazy ..lol...

Some I can think of just now - being inside a UFO, sitting on top of a really tall building and then falling off but I woke before I hit the ground, the very common ones of being caught without any clothes on and all my teeth falling out, being in a plane that's crashing, suddenly living in a completely different house and not being sure how I got there.

I've even had an experience of what I think was sleep paralysis where some kind of evil entity or ghost was pinning me down on the bed stopping me from moving. I was convinced it was real and when I did wake up my heart was pounding and I couldn't go back to sleep for ages. That was probably the scariest dream I've had. 

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 07:11:13 AM »

I've had 2 sleep paralysis dreams that I know of and I agree, they have to be the scariest

One type that has really mixed emotions for me is when my deceased mum visits, I'm so happy to 'see' her and chat and catch up but gutted that I can't touch her and she reminds me it's really hard work getting in my dreams and can't happen often

X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 08:29:09 AM »

We have several threads about dreams on here.  I have always had scary dreams, used to be about wolves  ::).  Now my brain mixes up parts of the evening news, people that I haven't thought about for years++ and takes flight - sometimes in the dream I think 'this is really rediculus!'  ;D

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 02:05:48 PM »

I woke up from a very vivid dream last night, needing the loo. As I stumbled along the landing I was relieved to realise it was just a dream.  it involved my daughter and was quite scary. It was so "real" that I thought I must remember it to tell the family at breakfast.  I went back to sleep and forgot it all but this thread has reminded me and is still can't remember it!  ;D

flutterby

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 06:45:07 PM »

When I was on Utrogestan I slept so much better but had the strangest dreams.
I am a Game of Thrones fan and one night I dreamt I was mother of dragons (hmm I wish) and my husband (not Rob Stark unfortunately) and I were going to be executed. I noticed one of my dragons flying in so I thought I need to play for time so I said can we have one last kiss before the deed is done, they agreed. My dragon arrived, thank god, but instead of incinerating  :hotflash:the enemy just got out a deck chair to watch the proceedings. Luckily I woke up then.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 10:35:25 AM »

Mine was where there was a large shed and around the perimeter of it were sat on their bottoms very fat shire horses holding their hooves up like they were begging...they all smiled and as they did their huge teeth cracked across and fell out :o
It was a few years ago now but I still remember it really clearly. I blame the codeine based painkiller I was taking....I had been to the dentist that day and had pain after the root canal treatment.

cubagirl

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 01:31:15 PM »

I managed to get lost in my dream, I get lost a lot in dreams. Kept telling folk to phone my hubby. Then I'd panic as thought he'd get lost trying to find me, before realising I was outside the biggest F&B restaurants ever & reckoned he'd manage to find me there.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 02:09:00 PM »

Ha-ha, we should all be locked up! How the brain works!

I've a number of reoccurring dreams; frequently being chased by the Germans and desperately seeking places to conceal myself (far too many war films when I was a child!); Tidal waves building up in front of me, it's got to the point now when I know that if I'm on a beach in a dream the tidal wave will start to build; Finding myself in an old house that is always the same house I dream about and an increasing feeling of dread as I climb the stairs.

It's impossible for me to read or write in my dreams and if I have to, I instantly realise I'm dreaming and it wakes me up!

I dreamt that CLKD came for tea a few days ago. She was in my kitchen telling me she would only drink her tea from a porcelain cup and saucer and I was desperately trying to persuade her to have a mug. At some point I wondered how it was that she was with us!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 04:50:56 PM »

If I start to describe my crazy dreams to my hubby, you can see him lose the will to live! He hates it! Have to say some mornings I do wake exhausted: mine are so descriptive that I could draw maps, draw faces and sometimes the emotion of the dream can stay with me all day, it's as if it's all really happened! Migraine brings horrific nightmares sometimes, wow, horror movie material!  :o

Elizabethrose

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 03:11:38 PM »

Last nights was a goodie  ???

I was back at school, sitting my A levels but couldn't find the exam hall. As I was desperately charging through the corridors I was passing the rooms of my home that were crowded with my son's friends. I was confused as to why the boys would be in a girls' school but even more confused as to why my history exam had turned into a driving test. I climbed into the car clutching my history notes and had to drive onto a ferry.

I was totally confused throughout, questioning how irrational it all was and finally woke when a ferry worker asked me to read aloud a safety notice.

I think I need some heavy medication! I certainly need a decent nights sleep!!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 04:11:54 PM by Elizabethrose »

cubagirl

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 10:06:48 PM »

Oh my Elizabethrose, I'm tired reading that.  :)

Always find dreams fascinating. Now wonder what I'll be trying to sort out tonight, that's if I'm not getting lost again.  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 11:35:01 AM »

Kittens.  Lots of.  As well as apple crates ……. trying to pack a filled litter tray into several crates, then tuck the kittens into blankets so that each group [which varied in numbers and colours] had a tray and was warm.  Then into the boot of my car which kept changing in make/model  ::).  Then a very old dog appeared which was apparently mine  :-\ ……..

Two hoots

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 12:24:16 PM »

I had dreams that I remembered every few weeks but now I'm dreaming almost every night. I have the same being lost or not being able to find my way out of a building dream regularly.