Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Feeling so down  (Read 1926 times)

Jube

Feeling so down
« on: October 14, 2016, 05:26:54 PM »

Been in elleste duet 1mg for just over a year. Just returned from holiday but think this is more than post holiday blues.
Since I've been home have been feeling awful - stressed, very tearful, feeling of not being able to cope. Tearful at work yesterday.
Felt iso bad this morning decided to try and see a doctor. Duty doctor called me back. I explained how I felt and cried !!!! Said I was wondering if I needed higher dose of hrt?  She replied hrt didnt really affect moods !!! Did i have any bad thoughts ? Made an appointment  for monday - i wanted to see someone today. Hrt does affect moods doesnt it ?? Do you think i need to increase dose of hrt ??  Grateful for any advice/comments :)

Keepgoing

Re: Feeling so down
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 05:31:41 PM »

Maybe your hrt does need upped or changed, and I would definately say hormones affect moods. You could also ask for your testosterone levels to be checked as mine were low and this can contribute towards a bit of depression. Now I'm on testosterone and I'm feeling the difference xx

Waterdaggers

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 05:35:07 PM »

I'm no HRT expert but I just looked on the HRT preparations info and your HRT is classed as low dose. So it definately could be lack of oestrogen contributing to your low mood!! And of course hormones effect your mood!! Hopefully your regular doctor will be more helpful. Hope you feel better soon.

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 05:39:54 PM »

Jube I don't have much experience with hrt only the ones I've tried but 1mg is minimum from what I know.  Ask your GP for oestrogel or a patch where you can tweak your dosage until you find your best one (maybe oestrogel would be best for this)

I changed from pill form to patch and wouldn't ever go back to pill x