Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Spots on vagifem - do they settle down?  (Read 3202 times)

da66

Spots on vagifem - do they settle down?
« on: October 06, 2016, 12:06:23 PM »

Have been using vagifem daily for about 10 days. Fanjo definitely seems a bit more youthful than it did though yet to take it for a roadtest  ;) However, I have got tender red spots all over my forehead mainly and a couple on my cheeks. I NEVER get spots - ever! Tell me this will be short lived?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Spots on vagifem - do they settle down?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 01:41:48 PM »

HORMONES!  ::)

However, Vagifem supposedly doesn't migrate from the vaginal area.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 03:22:36 PM »

It really doubt it's the Vagifem, highly unlikely to effect your skin. Have you changed any of the things you use on your face?  Some women start to get spots during menopause! Oh the joys :-X Dg x

ancient runner

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 10:42:42 AM »

I had sore itchy little spots around my jaw and chin and cheeks. General hormone malfunctions rather than the vagifem I think. They've gone - only just remembered about them...

da66

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 04:34:09 PM »

Yep know not supposed to be systemic uptake but my experience with both vagifem and estring in the past def feels like systemic uptake. (On estring 2 years ago my hot flushes stopped instantly!) This time on the vagifem after the first night of using it woke up at 4am with one of the worst headaches I've ever had. I persevered and didn't get any more. Then the spots started. I think if your vaginal tissue care very thin it must stand to reason that the stuff can get into your system more generally. Anyway just popped back to say yes, the spots may well be just general meno symptoms rather than the vagifem but it feels like it's the vagifem causing it to me - just in case anyone else notices them too!