Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen levels  (Read 5385 times)

Tinkerbellj

Oestrogen levels
« on: October 12, 2016, 02:56:59 PM »

Is 544pmol a high reading for oesteogen. Mine was this at last blood test but I cant say I feel any better??

Annie0710

Re: Oestrogen levels
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 03:06:45 PM »

Mines been in the 700s and I've still felt rubbish

Hopefully knowledgeable ladies will be along to help x

Maryjane

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 03:24:24 PM »

Prof Studd , Panay , Evans like it around the 800/1000.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 03:54:16 PM »

Between 500-600 is what my gynae said is good. We are all different and it will depend on what you are trying to control in terms of meno symptoms.  Finding the level that is absolutely right may have nothing to do with the oestrogen level readings but how you feel in yourself.  Strangely I feel awful on higher oestrogen levels  :-\
If it's low mood, then there may not be a perfect oestrogen level. DG x

Tempest

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 04:30:01 PM »

Oh brother! Have I got a long way to go then. I got my levels today which were taken after I'd been on the tiny dose of Premarin (which doesn't read as Estradiol in any case) and after just a few days on Estrogel. They were 47. Yes, 47!!!!! :o

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 09:05:28 PM »

Temperst - are you using each day? It does take time to achieve a good level - After 4 weeks of 2 pumps of Oetrogel per day I was nearly at 400.  If you are on a very small dose then it will take time.
DG x

Milamam

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 03:33:19 AM »

Tempest, is it Pmol/l?
Also Premarin doesn't show on blood tests, unlike estradiol (estrogel, etc.) maybe that is why you were that low.
Milamam

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 09:46:57 AM »

My last oestrogen level was 703 (despite being on 4 pumps) but Prof Studd didn't consider this high, at all.

He said he had patients with levels of 1000+.

He also said that if you are suffering with low mood then you need 3-4 pumps per day.

Mary G

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 10:43:50 AM »

GRL, I can certainly relate to that and I'm pleased that Professor Studd doesn't keep trying to persuade women to take less oestrogen to the detriment of their wellbeing.  My oestrogen levels have to be very high in order for me to feel completely back to normal - well into the 800s.   When it was lower, I was left with that terrible half baked and not quite there feeling and hoping there was something better out there. 

To achieve this high level of oestrogen, I need 2 pumps of Oestrogel and 25mg of DHEA everyday.

I have felt significantly better since starting the DHEA tablets because I am producing my own oestrogen again.

Obviously this is my own personal experience and others may have a different experience while using the same dose of these products.

Tempest

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2016, 04:16:02 PM »

Hello, Dancing girl!

Yes, I'm using it every day at 2 pumps. After 7 weeks on this dosage last time, my levels were still only 125. After so long with no estrogen, I am very sensitive to rises in estrogen so I am planning on giving it another couple of weeks at this amount and then raising my dose again to 3 pumps as I had almighty jittering last week when I tried to increase.

As Professor Lumsden said that I could benefit from an implant, we are just trying to raise my levels carefully to see what level I feel best at. It's going to take some time, I feel!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 09:58:17 PM »

Hi Tempest - There are different types of oestrogen readings - what were the letters after this reading?
There is pg/ml or pmol/L - I think my reading of 600 was pmol/L whereas this would come out as a much lower reading if it was pg/ml:

Readings below are all pg/ml:

Non-menopausal:   
Follicular Phase   24-138
Luteal Phase   19-164
Periovulatory   107-402

Post-menopausal:   
No HRT   <36
With HRT   18-361

So in other words if after 7 weeks of 2 pumps of Oestrogel your reading was 125 pg/ml then this would have been about mid range when on HRT - this could be quite a good level for controlling meno symptoms - so not too high or not too low. If it had been a pmol/L reading then it might have been between 400 - 500.
Hope that makes sense.  DG x

Annie0710

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2016, 10:48:54 PM »

That's a good point DG, I've looked up my last result and it was 774 pmol /L x

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2016, 06:51:05 AM »

Hi ladies! I am on four pumps a day have been since june and doc wants me on it for a full 6 months. I honestly dont see any inprovement in mood and I feel pregnant most of the time ie bloated and nausea.  This month I actually felt calmer when on the progesterone  even tho it gives me bad pms if that makes sense? I dont tolerate it very well so I am on 200mg for seven days vaginally. And joint pains r terrible.  Don't  know if i should persevere or switch to a bcp?  :-\

2cats

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2016, 07:48:00 AM »

Morning ladies, I saw DHEA mentioned in one of the posts in this thread - can someone explain its effect and usefulness please?
Thanks  :)