Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet 1mg  (Read 2190 times)

Scorpio48

Elleste Duet 1mg
« on: October 11, 2016, 07:34:45 AM »

Good morning,

I've been on the above for just over 1 year, but for the past couple of months my mood has been very low.

Could it be due to the fact of the hrt not being as effective as it was when first started?

It seems to be worse when I am changing from the green tablets back onto the white....
but this month I feel as though my mood has not lifted at all even though I am on the white tablets at the moment?

Any help or advice would be really appreciated X
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 07:41:22 AM by Scorpio48 »

Dancinggirl

Re: Elleste Duet 1mg
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 08:18:13 AM »

Hi and welcome
How old are you ?  Were you still peri meno when you started the HRT? If you were still getting the occasional period or your periods had only recently stopped, then your oestrogen levels hadn't bottomed out at that stage so you are now feeling the lack of oestrogen more now as you get deeper into menopause.  It could be worth going to the higher dose which may well improve things.
The drop in mood is common after finishing the progesterone plus oestrogen phase of any HRT and this is a bit of PMT.  You may be someone who actually feels better when taking progesterone (this is rare but sometimes happens) - if you are post meno then you might want to consider taking a continuous HRT which would mean you are using progesterone all the time and results in the non bleed regime after the first few months. Post meno means you are 1-2 years without a natural period or over 54 so con it HRt can be prescribed. 
It may be best to try the hight sequential dose first.   DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 04:49:17 PM »

Hi Scorpio48

I've just looked back at your old threads and see you were late peri-menopause (may have already been post) when you started HRT and will now be almost 50?  As Dancinggirl says your own oestrogen may well have become much lower since you started HRT so you are noticing this through decline in mood.

I tried looking up these tabs as I wasn't sure which was which but the product info on the web gives different colours! I presume the white are oestrogen only and the green the combi ones? As Dancingirl says the first few days after the swap is classic pmt - usually tension, headache, irritability, sometimes feeling as if head will explode - but this should subside. Unfortunately there isn't long before you then have to start taking the combi tabs again!

The other thing is you might be becoming more sensitive to the (synthetic) progestogen in the tablets - norethisterone is notorious for causing side effects in some susceptible women.

I agree with Dancingirl - why not try the higher dose - alternatively you could try Femoston (at the same dose that you are on) which is better tolerated and see if you feel any different. I would only change one thing at a time though!

Hurdity x

Scorpio48

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 06:56:07 AM »

Thanks dancing girl & Hurdity.

I was perhaps thinking the same myself... a change to either the higher dose or the same dose but without the norethosterone.
I will make an gp appointed and take it from there.. I'm also due for a check up because of being on hrt for a year.
I also wanted to mention that I have fibroids, I remember reading something about fibroids and hrt??? Can anybody shed any light on this too???

Many thanks againX

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 03:40:42 PM »

Fibroids can grow in the presence of oestrogen - but eg I had a small one diagnosed 3 years ago and when scanned 2 years later it had shrunk despite being on medium dose patches so it is not a foregone conclusion (that they will grow). Depends also if they are causing you bleeding problems now.

Hurdity x