Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Newbie and interested in other people experiences  (Read 2874 times)

Wendy65

Newbie and interested in other people experiences
« on: October 12, 2016, 11:56:20 AM »

Hi,

I am aged 51 and currently taking Estradiol 1mg and I also have a Mirena Coil.

I am feeling absolutely awful at the moment and would welcome any advice. My moods and irritability are off the scales. I can't concentrate and feel like I am going mad. I have been having headaches and I am now plagued with a back ache from hell.

I feel really low and everyone I speak to seems to have sailed through the menopause so I am feeling quite isolated.

Are all the above normal?. I have also put on weight which is making me feel even worse. Very low self esteem is exactly what I need (said sarcastically).

Thanks for listening to this monologue of moaning.

Wendy

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie and interested in other people experiences
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 01:43:20 PM »

You poor thing!  This time of Life ain't called "The Change" for nowt!

Some ladies keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart if there is a pattern to how they feel.  I haven't gained weight for years but my apron dropped last year so I look heavier  >:( :(.  As oestrogen drops off so muscles become lax = aches and pains.  Maybe use an over-the-counter pain relief, have a chat with a local Pharmacist about which is appropriate. 

The body starts to dry …… inside and out  ::), i.e. nostrils, ears, vagina, skin ……..

Maybe as suggested in your other thread, 1mg isn't enough? 

Wendy65

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 02:03:18 PM »

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated. W65

Anney

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 05:16:25 PM »

I new here too. My moods are driving me mad, yes I feel isolated even alone. It is just so strange, I not able to concentrate either. I do sleep well, last week sleeping anytime this week it the yoyo moods. It just comes on like a dropping stone lasts for about 30 minutes then fades away. Is this normal. 

Wendy65

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 06:17:06 PM »

Hi,

I feel your pain. This can be a very lonely experience.

W65 X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 08:06:57 PM »

Crashing fatigue?

nothappybun

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 12:49:50 AM »

Hi, it is very lonely experience when no one around is going through the same. Coming on here has been a life saver as we can share this trip and try to help each other the best we can. Just being able to share with people that understand means a lot and specially when you read successful stories.
Tough fight at the beginning, we will get there
hugs
nothappybun

Dana

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 05:53:09 AM »

Hi Wendy

Have you always felt as bad as this since starting HRT, or is it just recent? 1mg of estradiol is a low dose, so maybe it's time for you to consider going to a medium dose (2mg) which is a very common dose for women to go to as they approach post menopause. Also you might find switching to a transdermal type estrogen (gel or patch) might work better for you as it doesn't have to go through the digestive system. That also means you are actually taking a much lower dose, but getting the same or better result.

I used to take a 2mg estradiol tablet, but it suddenly stopped working as well as it was, so I switched to a 50mcg patch. My doctor said that maybe my liver was working "too well" and I wasn't getting the full benefit of the tablet dose, but I was now getting the full benefit of a much lower dosed patch. I have felt much better since making the switch, even though technically I'm still on the same dose.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 05:56:14 AM by Dana »

Wendy65

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 06:18:34 AM »

Hi Dana,

I am beginning to think that my dosage is too low. I find this all so difficult to tackle. I will go back to my G.P and ask for a change of dosage.

I felt fine at first when I started with the gel but then switched to the tablets for ease. I may have made a mistake.

Doc will be fed up with me.

Thanks for your reply it really does help to hear other opinions and experiences.

W65