Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Clown Stunts World Wide  (Read 7130 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Clown Stunts World Wide
« on: October 10, 2016, 06:27:34 PM »

Any one come across these weirdos ?  dressed as clowns they are apparently wasting resources by upsetting others: chasing, shouting, screaming, silently …….. what should we ladies 'of a certain age' do if we see these weirdos?  A hat pin where it hurts?

Pennyfarthing

Re: Clown Stunts World Wide
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 07:19:39 PM »

Son and I watched this on news tonight and son said "imagine saying - I know I'll go out and buy a clown outfit and a wig and jump out on people tonight".  There are some absolute nut cases out there I'm afraid.

ellie

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 07:21:58 PM »

Started in America earlier this year apparently ...... :(

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 07:32:53 PM »

Apparently it began in Northamptonshire several years ago  ::).

So how will each of us deal with these cretons without getting arrested? 

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 07:39:56 PM »

This happened last year in a village about 10 miles from us x

ellie

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 08:03:45 PM »

Yes putting it on the six o'clock news.......Great idea  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 11:47:37 AM »

"A creepy clown craze which first gripped Northampton in 2013 is back, and is now sweeping the USA and UK.

"The phenomenon first went viral three years ago when a prankster dressed up as a clown and stood on street corners in the town.

"He would stare at passers-by, before disappearing and popping up in another random location a few days later.  But after being unmasked as University of Northampton film-making student, Alex Powell, the craze came to an abrupt end".

Read more at http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.uk/northampton-clown-phenomenon-is-back

Megamind

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 01:05:33 PM »

Just read this that a Premier League Football player's son has been caught posting messsages scaring people concerning these Clowns and may be expelled from his Private School!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3831944/England-star-s-teenage-son-faces-expulsion-private-school-making-killer-clown-threats-pupils-forcing-eight-schools-evacuate.html

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 01:19:12 PM »

What is it with these youngsters  :bang: :bang: :bang:  every day's a learning curve but some don't learn!

I am preparing a large hat pin ……. and hopefully will be able to go 'BOO' if confronted.  I shall shout "I'm menopausal and I know how to use it!"  ;)

Megamind

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 02:01:15 PM »

That made me laugh CLKD! I've got to leave now to pick my son up as he's scared a clown is going to jump out on him walking home from school!!

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 04:21:41 PM »

I think that Heads of School should tell parents/children what they are doing to avoid their children being scared.  They have a Duty of Care after all.

Apparently real clowns are up in arms  :cuss:

Megamind

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 04:25:52 PM »

I think the walk from my sons school is very open. There is nowhere for them to hide and jump out at them but I think the kids are talking about it so much at school that they've all ended up scaring themselves!

I've just noticed on Amazon that clown masks are on the bestseller list. They should withdraw them from sale. The amount of clown sightings seem to be hotting up.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 06:11:30 PM »

So what is your son's school suggesting?

Dana

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 06:21:05 AM »

It's happening here in Australia too. I live near a lake and there was a clown there late the other night running on to the road threatening people by swinging a chain over his head. There are also lists showing up on FB of all the local schools they are going to target.

If one of these f**k wits gets beaten up by someone they have no one to blame but themselves. The problem is that is might not be the clown that gets hurt or worse - unfortunately. This will probably calm down soon, but I doubt it will happen before halloween, so we've still got a couple of more weeks.

This current trend is said to be a American publicity stunt gone wrong for an upcoming remake of the film "It".

America has a lot to answer for at the moment - in more ways than one...... 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:28:33 AM by Dana »

Megamind

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2016, 11:26:58 AM »

So what is your son's school suggesting?

Nothing has been mentioned!
Pages: [1] 2