Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Clown Stunts World Wide  (Read 7128 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Clown Stunts World Wide
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2016, 01:38:37 PM »

I would be asking ……….. the School has a Duty of Care to students.

Scampi

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2016, 02:45:09 PM »

What do you suggest the schools do, CLKD - outside the school gates they have no authority.  All they could do would be advise the kids not to walk home alone - but then there would be a danger of them reinforcing the fear. 

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2016, 04:22:57 PM »

Why does it reinforce any fear? Once issues are brought into the open and once children know that adults are aware of potentially scary situations, they usually deal better.   If necessary the School can call a meeting of all parents and give advice.  I am not sure that Schools 'don't have any authority' outside of the school gates because they are supposed to make sure that pupils remain safe until they reach home.

Years ago we had 'safe houses' along some routes between school and through villages - all pupils either walked to/from school or were bussed in - when I think of the possible opportunities for abuse it leaves me cold though I'm sure that most families who had a safe house sign in the window were OK. 

Fear breeds fear?  I have my hat pin ready ;-)

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2016, 08:12:10 PM »

Several clowns have been swung at apparently ……. and in some areas the Police are handing out warnings or arresting them.

Dana

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 04:49:40 AM »

People aren't just swinging at them. I saw a video of a guy literally beating the living daylights out of a clown. I think it was somewhere in America. Someone is going to end up getting killed.

Ju Ju

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 04:00:03 PM »

I am preparing a large hat pin ……. and hopefully will be able to go 'BOO' if confronted.  I shall shout "I'm menopausal and I know how to use it!"  ;)

I think this approach could be very useful in other situations, not just confronting nasty clowns!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:01:52 PM by Ju Ju »
Pages: 1 [2]