Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Insomnia, migraines and zero libido  (Read 1820 times)

Needmylifeback

Insomnia, migraines and zero libido
« on: October 10, 2016, 02:42:26 PM »

Hi everyone
I would love some advice as I am completely at my wits end. I am 51 yrs  and I have been suffering for past 3 years from insomnia (most nights unless I take Zopiclone) , migraines ( lasting 3days every 10 days) and no libido ( nearly 2 years now - my poor husband) I have a mirena coil so GP put me on Everol 25 then upped to 50, but it has made no difference whatsoever. Have tried anti depressants - made me sleepy all the time - and Ive seen a nutrionist who nearly bankrupted me, but nothing seems to help.

I have a GP appointment next week and want to ask the right questions but Im so confused. A recent blood test put my FSH as post menopause and oestragen was 203 ( whilst on HRT).  Ive not has many hot flushes but lack of sleep and Migraines are making life hell - some mornings Im so spaced out I cant even drive my children to school  :'(
Id be SO grateful for any pointers.

Thank you.

Dancinggirl

Re: Insomnia, migraines and zero libido
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 04:17:38 PM »

Try Oestrogel - may work better for you and also possibly better against migraines. Try 2 pumps per day to start with and then increase to 3 if need be.
HAve you checked whether you are getting enough magnesium - vital mineral that helps everything - I have found I am getting fewer headaches since I started using magnesium spray!!! DG x

Mary G

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 05:28:03 PM »

I agree with Dancinggirl, definitely try Oestrogel,  it should work better and give you flexibility.  I developed migraines just before my periods stopped and I had a Mirena coil at the time.  In my particular case, the synthetic progesterone in the Mirena was too dominant and triggered my migraines because my oestrogen levels were too low.  The patches were completely useless and hardly even registered on blood tests despite my being on 100mcg dose.  If you are anything like me, you will need a fairly high dose of oestrogen to counter the progesterone and (certainly in my my case) only Oestrogel can provide that type of delivery and instant oestrogen hit.

I had my coil removed but I wish I  had tried the Mirena/Oestrogel combination. 

Also make sure you are not low on magnesium or vitamin B12.

Note:  these are my personal experiences and other members may have had different experiences and will not necessarily agree.

Needmylifeback

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 05:35:51 PM »

Thanks for the advice Dancinggirl and Mary G. Will def discuss Oestrogel with my GP. I have tried Magnesium but a bit unsure about dose. Also trying B6 - again, there is so much conflicting dosage info. im currently taking 50mg but think it might not be enough. Was thinking about B12 too so will give it a whirl.

Greenie

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 09:34:21 AM »

I take the magnesium pills that you get from boots and just follow their dosage instructions... 2 a day - Ive gone from 1 3 day migraine a week, down to maybe 1 a month - Amazing stuff!!!

My GP also prescribes me Sumatriptans for my migraines when I do get them...

Cant help Libido wise and mine has increased!!  ;D