Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New to HRT advice please!  (Read 2172 times)

Otes73

New to HRT advice please!
« on: October 10, 2016, 09:38:54 AM »

Hi I'm looking for some help please!
I'm 42 had a hysterectomy 3 years and kept my ovaries. Started with menopause symptoms 8 months ago and GP did blood test which confirmed my ovaries had retired early! I tried tibolone for 5 months but caused daily headaches so have changed to oestrogel. I've been on this for 4 weeks, I only apply 1 pump. He said I could increase the dose if I felt I needed it. I'm having some sweats at night (not many) and feeling very fatigued, does that mean it's time to increase??
Many thanks x

dazned

Re: New to HRT advice please!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 01:09:30 PM »

Hi

:welcomemm:

Yes I would definitely increase to two pumps ,one is very low and you are young.  ;)

Hope you pick up soon.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 04:03:37 PM »

Hi Otes73

:welcomemm:

I agree with the others :). You need more oestrogen at your age and especially if your symptoms have returned.

Hurdity x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 04:19:32 PM »

Hi Otes73 - welcome to MM - the others are right - you need more oestrogen - Go up to 2 pumps per day - I bet that will make a big difference.  DG x

Otes73

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 05:04:40 PM »

Thanks for your advice ladies  :)
2 pumps it is x
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:25:40 PM by Otes73 »

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 05:32:47 PM »

Just to add that I also agree and because you are so young, you might need to increase to 3 pumps if necessary.

Otes73

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 09:28:27 PM »

Does the oestrogel help with fatigue or is that just just something you have to put up with?
X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 07:39:10 AM »

Fatigue should improve when using the right amount of oestrogen.  It's worth getting your thyroid checked in case this is causing fatigue.  It's also worth having a look at your diet to see if you are getting all the right vitamins and minerals - lack of Vitamin D, iron, B12 and magnesium can cause fatigue. DG x

Otes73

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 07:55:02 AM »

Thank you DG, I'm very lucky that I've a friend who's a nutritionist so I'm already taking, Vitamin D, magnesium, fish oil and a few other things. My thyroid is fine, she did mention I may need testosterone. I felt great on tibolone other than the headaches which was a shame. I've another appt on Thursday with the GP to discuss testosterone but not holding out much hope!
X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 08:19:51 AM »

Otes73 - you may need a referral to a gynae to get testosterone as GPs are reluctant to prescribe this.  Do print out the NICE guidelines to show the GP - info on Testosterone is in the there I think.  DG x