News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Prozac  (Read 2291 times)

moonbeam121167

Prozac
« on: October 16, 2016, 12:11:30 PM »

Hi all

been on Prozac now for about 6 months , GP gave me it for my headaches she thinks they are Tension headaches well 6 months on still get real bad aches, feeling quite weird, very very tired all the time, sometimes I feel quite woolly, went back to see not my normally GP Monday and he has said I need to have a MRI scan to check my neck and headaches but also gave me Naxpron to try, I am now thinking to come off the Prozac as its doesnt make me feel any better, Friday just gone I felt so bad, I had no energy, all I wanted is to sleep, not sure if its the side effects of the Prozac thats making me feel like this but it isnt helping I know that, I would have thought after 6 months  they would of helped and feel there is no need to take something for which isnt helping, has anyone any help or advice or even experience on this

thanks xx

lily

Re: Prozac
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 01:31:27 PM »

What dose were you on moonbeam? I've been on 20mg for night sweats and sometimes up it to 40mg when sweats are worse, have tried doing without to see how much difference it was making but not had headaches. MRI scan sounds like good idea to get to bottom of problem. Where are you on meno journey?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 03:24:31 PM »

Headaches can be caused by the body behind dehydrated?  Also by nerves becoming trapped or discs worn by wear and tear.

Will U need to wean off Prozac.  The drug made me very, very angry.  I was given it for depression.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 03:29:26 PM »

moonbeam - If you do want to  come off Prozac I think it's important to discuss this with your GP as you have to reduce the dose very gradually over weeks and possibly over months before stopping completely.
I don't think Prozac is an obvious treatment for tension headaches??? Prozac could well be making you feel spaced out and tired.  Good to have some investigations for peace of mind.
I suffer horrible headaches which are usually better when on HRT - I'm trying to do without HRT at the moment as I am 60 now and finding the side effects of HRT too difficult to cope with.  It's worth looking at diet and lifestyle to see what triggers the headaches - sometimes things like exercise and posture or even a different mattress or pillows can help to reduce the severity and recurrence of headaches as well. DG x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 07:57:35 PM »

Hi all thanks for your replies

I have tried everything from Prozac, Amitryptyline, Nortrpyline, Propranolol, physio, diets, new pillows, matteress, I was on Prozac years ago and felt ok  then came off it will no problems , I took it this morning and a while after I felt weird, woolly and that how I have been feeling for months, I have waves of moodiness, feeling angry, cant sleep properly and think it is the Prozac, I will get an appointment with my GP and in the mean time start tampering off it, hoping when I have the MRI I can finally sort it out xx