Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Has anyone managed to shutdown cycle with patch/gel?  (Read 5541 times)

Hurdity

Re: Has anyone managed to shutdown cycle with patch/gel?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 03:42:09 PM »

Testosterone might help tinkerbellj - and I presume you've had your thyroid checked?

Hurdity x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2016, 09:43:51 AM »

I am using 4 pumps of oestrogel, which is a high dose. And I haven't used any Utrogestan this month but my period still arrived this morning (accompanied by a drop in mood and some anxiety).

So obviously my own cycle is still alive and kicking, sadly. Only difference is, these last two months my cycle has suddenly increased to 30/31 days, when for the last few years it's been 25/26 days.

jasper

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2016, 04:24:52 AM »

Are you trying to stop your cycle too Gypsyroselee?

I am now 17 days in - stomach still v sensitive but bearable. However bad neck and general muscle pain and now on day 2 of a migraine😫. So desperate for this to help and stabilise my headaches but it's not looking positive is it???😪

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2016, 12:08:08 PM »

Hi hurdity I did try testosterone but I didnt feel the benefit and I think it made my moods worse?

Same thing happened to me this month gypsy. I noticed the bleed and just started my utro. Rang clinic they said possibly breakthru bleed I wss due to take the utro the next week so just brought it forward . I only take it every other month but how on earth was 4 pumps not enough??? And my period wasn't that heavy whwn it came so now I am concerned about build up .it never ends

Belladonna

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2016, 12:55:03 PM »

Briony, do you take Qlaira continously?
Pages: 1 [2]