Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Can't fall asleep  (Read 12349 times)

cubagirl

Re: Can't fall asleep
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2016, 05:26:26 PM »

Peroxideblader, I was still awake at 3am too. Murder isn't it? Reckon I got maximum 4 hrs last night. Hope I get a decent sleep tonight! So tired!

Peroxideblader

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2016, 06:27:37 PM »

CLKD...my gp won't refer me to a sleep clinic as he has done blood tests etc and he can't find anything medically wrong and suspects its peri due to my age...he doesn't take my insomnia seriously and tried deterring me telling me there is a 12-18 month waiting list for a sleep clinic...plus they tend to monitor you when you are asleep especially your brain patterns but I don't sleep in the first place...and thanks for the info for my son but how did you know about suicide issues ?? 😊

Peroxideblader

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2016, 06:29:14 PM »

And cubagirl it is awful isn't it ...being on your own in the middle of the night is the worst time to be alone and awake and the hours just drag when you are just desperate for sleep...are you in peri or on hrt can I ask..

Dana

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2016, 09:01:10 PM »

I personally don't think there is any point to a sleep clinic. When it would appear that your problem is caused by hormones, what's a sleep study going to do to help?

Unfortunately so many people simply don't understand what hormonal insomnia is like, and it's not taken seriously, or they think the solution is simply a case of doing things that never help anyway.

IMHO your only solution will be HRT, and the sooner you start it the better off you'll be. Start it today if you can. You can't continue on the way you have been.

Peroxideblader

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2016, 09:58:20 PM »

Thanks Dana...just feel like people think I'm lying or exaggerating how I feel when they've never heard of the debilitating insomnia I have..they always say well you can't be tired or you'd sleep ....bla bla bla heard it all..and yes I wish I could start hrt today but my monthly started last Friday and I'm not seeing doctor for another 3 weeks...so glad you understand Dana and that I have tried EVERYTHING 😊

cubagirl

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2016, 10:27:14 PM »

I'm post Meno & still on HRT, oestrogen only. My friend is post Meno also & no longer on HRT & she suffers badly with insomnia too.  The things they never told us. Hope my daughter's generation will be treated better, at least they'll be more informed having heard us rabbiting on about the menopause!

Dana

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2016, 06:26:16 AM »

Thanks Dana...just feel like people think I'm lying or exaggerating how I feel when they've never heard of the debilitating insomnia I have..they always say well you can't be tired or you'd sleep ....bla bla bla heard it all..and yes I wish I could start hrt today but my monthly started last Friday and I'm not seeing doctor for another 3 weeks...so glad you understand Dana and that I have tried EVERYTHING 😊

Yes I get it. Strangely, for some reason, severe hormonal insomnia, or the total lack of sleep (not the kind where you just lose a few hours of sleep a night) seems to be something that even other meno ladies sometimes discount, or think that just following any or all of those "sleep hygiene" remedies is all you need to do. Maybe it's because it's not as common as the more "well known" symptoms, but that doesn't make it any less of a serious symptom. In fact it's probably the most serious of symptoms because lack of sleep affects absolutely everything in your body, leads to things like anxiety and depression, which in turn can lead to life threatening tendencies.

I don't suffer from VA or had hot flushes that were that bad, or any other symptoms that are more common, yet I would never discount what other women are going through with those problems, so please, even if you have never suffered from hormonal insomnia, please don't discount how serious and debilitating it is, or that anyone is exaggerating. In all honestly, before I went on to HRT, if I had been able to swap my insomnia for half a dozen other symptoms I would have done it in a heart beat. Anything to be able to sleep.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 06:28:31 AM by Dana »

Peroxideblader

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2016, 11:06:09 AM »

I'm the same I live with trigeminal neuralgia and drpression and anxiety already but as painful and life changing aa they are this inability to get to sleep is far worse. It's made my depression much worse and my all round health.  But I still keep being told by my doctor it's not meno related it's my life style and anxiety and when everyone keeps telling you it's your fault not hormonal you believe them. My neighbour went on hrt just to stop hot flushes but I don't mind them and the irregular periods just NO SLEEP. I will try hrt on my next period but if it doesn't help this is my last resort..and then I'll be fatter and still not sleeping...guess I'm scared I'll be the small percentage it doesn't help  and then game over.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]