Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Menopause and Alcohol tolerance  (Read 13617 times)

Annie0710

Re: Menopause and Alcohol tolerance
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2016, 07:43:29 AM »

I underestimated the power of hormones all my life until I hit peri ...... x

Jube

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2016, 09:20:21 AM »

I've been peri for quite a while and on hrt for about a year.  Back in May I had blood test and liver function test results very high. Didn't feel I'll or anything but doctor advised no alcohol for a while - I don't drink much anyway - a couple of glasses of wine every other day at most. After 2 blood tests the results started going down. My doctor said it was probably a virus I 'd had. So I started moderate drinking again. Next blood test - results gone high again. Could this be all linked to peri/hrt ?

wombat62

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2016, 10:26:06 AM »

Hi there!

I'm another one who can't drink much now either :(

I've never been a big or regular drinker but was fine with a couple of cocktails, wine etc but maybe 3 years ago I started being sick or feeling very sick and sometimes upset tum in the night after wine, didn't feel tipsy but as soon as I went to bed I'd be up an hour or so later. I cut back but also found that I would have a disturbed night as well even if I wasn't sick. Yet sometimes I can have a glass and I'd be fine but I've found the earlier in the night I have it the better it is.

I can tolerate spirits much better so I tend to drink them more now where poss. It's either to do with hormones and or ageing  (can't even drink to blot out the xxxx now!) but I do also think a lot more people have an intolerance to the sulphates in wine. I googled it a while back and a lot of people of all ages and sex were being affected so sulphates may play a part as well.

Bit of a pain really isn't it!

linz57

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 11:41:17 AM »

I've been peri for quite a while and on hrt for about a year.  Back in May I had blood test and liver function test results very high. Didn't feel I'll or anything but doctor advised no alcohol for a while - I don't drink much anyway - a couple of glasses of wine every other day at most. After 2 blood tests the results started going down. My doctor said it was probably a virus I 'd had. So I started moderate drinking again. Next blood test - results gone high again. Could this be all linked to peri/hrt ?

I've had the same results Jube but I'm 7 years post meno.  I don't know whether it's the hrt coupled with moderate amounts of alcohol, or whether it's just my ageing liver can't cope with stuff the same anymore. Maybe it's more likely to be the alcohol for us both as you said your results went down when you left off the drink . Good lord, am I to be denied my liquid Valium now? A lovely G&T whilst sat watching Great British Bake Off or Aidan Turner in Poldark are my treats ;)
Pages: 1 [2]