Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fat around the middle  (Read 6643 times)

PammyFi

Re: Fat around the middle
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2016, 02:23:16 PM »

Kathleen, how old are you and are you using HRT ? I tried a vegan diet for a year but struggled with constant hunger and sugar cravings and started to gain weight immediately after starting a vegan diet (also began HRT at the same time). Now I'm back to low-fat high animal protein diet (egg whites, dairy, chicken) and hope to start losing those extra pounds that I gained during a vegan diet. Could you give a sample of your daily diet ? I'd love to be vegan but have not yet been successful.

Hurdity

Re: Fat around the middle
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »

If it's a question of face or health/figure - then I will go for the latter any time - it's typical of an actress to say that - of course their looks are important to continuing in their profession!!! However for the rest of us....forget about the effect of weight loss on the face - and think about your health primarily - and then make the best you can of your looks - through skin care, exercise, hair, clothes, make-up etc!  I think the initially sagginess from weight loss when you are older tends to tauten after a while anyway - unless one is obese to start with. Of course we should not aim to be stick thin but there are so many women who glide towards middle age, overweight, or obese and just accept it and this is so detrimental to health. I agree that a few extra pounds are fine - provided you are within a healthy BMI and have good diet and lifestyle - eating fresh and unprocessed foods and having plenty of fresh air and exercise.

re diets - wombat that's great - so you are not really low fat as in Slimming World low fat - but you eat the fats that are normally in food without adding extra. I have adopted similar but also almost zero added sugar, and very few extra (pure) carbohydrates - restricting these mostly to what's in food eg beans veg and fruit. This keeps my weight down along with exercise as you do wombat - but I have to do it on a permanent basis.  I eat tons of yogurt!

There is no way I would want to go on a vegan diet - because I like to have animal protein and especially fish. In order to be balanced a vegan diet seems too much like hard work and not sure it is good for us in the long term? I have problems with hunger and low blood sugar too so don't think I could keep it up!

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]