Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oestrogel online  (Read 8281 times)

Hurdity

Re: Oestrogel online
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2016, 07:51:46 PM »

:bighug:

I would gladly help anyone who lived near me!

Seriously though - do write down what you want to say or ask for and the reasons - as well as some websites. Is there anyone you can take with you for moral support - husband, partner, friend or relative - it could make all the difference?

I sympathise about the crying - I didn't have this at the docs but several times at work over the time I was peri-menopausal - due to threatened redundancy, re-deployment and other problems with some male colleagues - I cried in front of supervisors, HR people, people I worked with - I thought it was just the stress but looking back of course it was peri - if only I had realised. Quite embarrassing in retrospect!

Good luck!!!

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2016, 08:10:39 PM »

I would have rung my GP in England and asked the question, asked for treatment until I was sorted elsewhere!  I would ring round the various Surgeries in the new area or visit a Pharmacist ……. to find out who supports the various medical conditions that require on-going treatment.  GPs aren't paid to not prescribe ………. if necessary I would be seeking Legal advice because we pay whilst working towards supporting the NHS with NI.

Trouble is, when we are low we can't always ask for what we need.  One look from a GP of 'hurry up I have 10 mins. to listen' or a negative reaction from a medical professional can make appt.s difficult to deal with.  Which is why it is important to take someone along.

How do you know it's the 'right' info on the leaflet?  Scams happen and are very well disguised these days  :-[.  The leaflet may look genuine but the product can be inferior and/or dangerous.

Annie0710

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 08:13:46 PM »

It frustrates me because this does affect OH, I lack the physical strength I had before (I'm talking mid 40s not 20s), I lack the stamina, the emotional strength, the sex drive, the arousal, the orgasm.....all what I'm feeling affects my life with him which has to affect him too but he won't admit it because he said it sounds like he's being chauvinistic.  I've said if he came with me he could explain the difference in me that oestrogen alone isn't tackling

I'll compose an email to Dr Currie, print off NICE guidelines and print some info from reputable sites and give it my best bash

X

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2016, 08:25:22 PM »

Maybe he is accepting?  My DH is.  Maybe your disappointment is causing you to *think* that he is as affected as you fear? 

Good idea to e-mail Dr Currie etc.; let us know how you get on!  When I'm feeling vulnerable I take a list, hand to my GP and ask him to prioritise.  If necessary I make an double appt..

Annie0710

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 08:32:05 PM »

Maybe he is accepting?  My DH is.  Maybe your disappointment is causing you to *think* that he is as affected as you fear? 

Good idea to e-mail Dr Currie etc.; let us know how you get on!  When I'm feeling vulnerable I take a list, hand to my GP and ask him to prioritise.  If necessary I make an double appt..

I honestly can't see how he can be OK with it all

Pre peri, (and surviving greatly on oestrogen alone for years) I was lively, energetic , outgoing, slim, emotionally strong, highly sexual and very quick to orgasm, he said so many times he felt like he'd won the lottery being with me lol (not just for the sex) but for the way I carried myself, my career, everything, we had such fun, a great social life

Every bit of that has gone, and if it's not the oestrogen causing it it can only be the other

x

Annie0710

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 10:59:39 PM »

I can vouch for goldpharma.  They are a trusted site from the B12d group x

Mary G

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2016, 02:07:11 PM »

I think the NHS is far too rigid and needs to broaden its approach.  For example, why isn't Dydrogesterone available on the NHS, does anyone actually know?  Also, why don't they licence Utrogestan to be used vaginally when practically every other country does?  Re menopause treatment, they seem to be in the dark ages and there still seems to be this tendency to treat women like children who can't think for themselves.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 03:33:29 PM »

Yep.  Probably down to costs?!?

Annie0710 - have you actually asked him how he feels,  no good assuming; we are aware that men can't mind read  ;D.   He is ageing too  ;)

Annie0710

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2016, 04:44:15 PM »

He's still highly sexed but reckons he can cope with how I've become x

grumpyjane

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2016, 10:55:13 PM »

Hi ladies!
No internet yesterday to reply...
I was initially prescribed hrt (oestrogel and utrogestan) by a doctor here in Venezuela. I did go to her well prepared with notes from MM. Since then I have seen a GP in my practice in the UK who gave me a prescription for ADs in spite of me saying I was happy with the regime I was on. I complained to the practice manager and spoke to another doctor who persuaded me to try Femseven conti ( I`m 5 yrs post meno). I have been using that for the last 6 weeks and although I like the convenience, it`s not controlling my flushes. I also asked her about testosterone as I have NO libido and she agreed. Have yet to pick up the prescription as all this took so long on my last trip I was back in Venezuela before she agreed it. Phew.
So I feel I want to go back to using the Oestrogel and utro and will be back in the UK next week (yippee!) to discuss this. The thing is I know I will only be given a prescription for 2-3 months and that won`t last for the time I will be away next. I used to be able to get it here, but with the current situation medicines of any kind are hard to come by. I have bought Estreva gel in Brazil (we are close to the border) which is ok, but I was just exploring the possiblity of bring a supply from the UK. Or I will be found guilty of murder if I can`t get my meds. Yes, it`s horrible to feel desperate  :(
I don`t want to self-medicate either but  really sometimes doctors - wherever they are - need a little push!
I also have an appt with the meno clinic at Guys in 2 weeks.
Thanks for all your comments, it`s so reassuring to know we`re in it together!
Jx

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 01:27:22 PM »

You may get 'done' for drug smuggling  :o ……. could you carry a copy of the Prescription? 

Hurdity

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 04:50:27 PM »

What's the problem with the Brazilian supply?

Is the appointment at the meno-clinic (Guy's) private or NHS? Either way I would put your dilemma to them and ask the best way to get the gel to Venezuela given that this is your preferred oestrogen.

If NHS and they can't get it to you, then in your position I would try a private appt to get the prescription and then phone/e-mail to renew it each time ( if they will do this) and get them to send it and bill you, as you don't live here and can't get it out there.

I went to see a private gynae re Testosterone ( this is before the guidelines changed) and then phoned to renew it as i didn't want to go all the way to the hospital again ( 65 miles away) - so they sent it to me and sent the bill. In the case of T it was more than a year's supply (it was a month's supply for a man!) so way cheaper than a normal HRT prescription - so this way may be too expensive unless they agree to supply more than 3 months worth at a time?

Just a thought anyway - at least it would be as prescribed and a proper source of the stuff.

Hurdity x

grumpyjane

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2016, 08:34:51 PM »

The Brazilian gel supply is fairly stable but I found the dosage more difficult to guage and it`s a bit runny. I`m being picky really.  :-\
The other thing I can`t get is vagifem, and having run out 2 weeks ago I`m noticing the difference. ouch.

It`s an NHS appointment at the meno clinic and I will explain the situation to them. Can you get a private appointment just to get a prescription? I`m going to have the same problem with all 3 - gel, vagifem and testim. At the moment I can get Utro. Sending anything here is not really an option. It would have to go DHL or something - and we have no address where I live anyway! I`ll investigate more.

Good that you don`t have to go and physically renew your prescription each time!

Good advice as always Hurdity, thank you.

Jx
Pages: 1 [2]