Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: hi, new here, at my wits end...  (Read 2017 times)

FlossyTcake

hi, new here, at my wits end...
« on: October 03, 2016, 07:08:39 PM »

been without a periods for a couple of years now and was going along nicely, getting a bit hot under the collar a few times a day but managing ok but a few months ago my wheels started to fall off. my knees now hardly bend, i have terrible neck and shoulder pain and an ache around my lower back and groin that has me hobbling like a 90 year old most days up until about 2 or 3 oclock. i have to swizzle round onto my hands and knees to get out of the bath, when its bad i cant even get on to the loo without freefalling the last part of the drop because my legs and groin hurt so much.
Had tests no rheumatoid or autoimmune arthritis Dr thinks menopause linked and have been taking HRT tablets for past 2 weeks. taking codliver oil and waiting for HRT to do something but was in tears today with the sheer hard work of getting out of bed, getting dressed and getting around. anyone else find this a problem and something that helps.
thanks, flossy

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: hi, new here, at my wits end...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 07:14:42 PM »

:bighug:    ….    as oestrogen levels drop apparently muscles become lax = aches and pains  ::).  Have you tried over the counter pain relief?

Browse round.  Make notes.

lily

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 08:00:15 PM »

I'm having trouble with legs and ankles when I get up, going to try vitamin D as read it can be due to lack of that

FlossyTcake

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 08:14:02 PM »

i do take ibuprofen / paracetamol but m worried about dosing myself with them on a daily basis. havent heard of vitamin D, but will look into it-happy to try anything. feel like ive aged 30 years in the last 6 months. thanks for your help  8)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 09:39:43 PM »

Pain is a warning but can be relieved.  I suggest that 30 mins. B4 tackling anything strenuous, you take your pain relief of choice to see if it eases symptoms.  HRT may well help so eventually you can stop the pain relief.  Why suffer?

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 03:50:35 PM »

Hi FlossyTcake

:welcomemm: !!

What sort/dose of tablets have you been given and how old are you?

Hopefully the HRT will work for you soon -  so that you feel better - and you will then be able to gently exercise those joints and muscles again.

Hurdity x

FlossyTcake

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 06:41:11 PM »

Great advice girls, just nice to share that and have a few like minded souls come back with something constructive. Many thanks 😘