Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Any thoughts.....please  (Read 2137 times)

saffy123

Any thoughts.....please
« on: October 04, 2016, 03:43:02 PM »

Hi, just wondering what I should do....

My recent vaginal swabs came back positive for the presence of yeasts. I have just picked up a prescription for fluconazole 50mg caps (unfortunately no appoints available so unable to talk to a doctor >:(), my question is I have an Estring in....could this be the cause of yeast???? so should I remove it while on course of capsules???? 

I have had no discharge, I just happened to see a new Dr a few weeks ago who felt that she would rule out yeasts as a cause of burning in the vagina area....thought it was just the VA. Anybody else had presence of yeasts with no discharge....really confused....and fed up with my never ending list of problems  :'(

Thank you so much for any thoughts xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Any thoughts.....please
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 03:53:24 PM »

Candida can cause intense itching high up in the vagina.  I had it when I stopped The Pill so probably hormone related. 

You could ring a Pharmacist at i.e. Lloyds or your Practice Nurse for advice. 

How long does the Estring usually remain in situ?

LIVE yoghurt will help.  Eating lots of it for 5 days as well as applying as high up in the vagina as possible ….. always remembering to keep the two pots separate ;-).

dahliagirl

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 04:09:08 PM »

I would leave it in and keep everything the same, otherwise, you are changing the conditions and might encourage further overgrowth.

I had lots of soreness and wet discharge (and the last time, swelling of scar tissue - couldn't sit down  :o ) but the swabs came back ok.

Between visits to the GP, when I thought it was thrush (because original GP said it looked more like that , when she took an inconclusive swab for BV/post surgery infection) I used to take a tablet and used the multigyn flora plus to help balance things.

I did get small flare ups when I first started vagifem, until I got it stabilised.  Then, I used a dollop of gel, and a breathable liner pad to absorb irritating stuff.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 04:43:41 PM »

Leave the Estring in - just use the treatment.  I used the Estring for 6 months and really liked it but used Multi Gyn Actigel regularly to help prevent any bacteria or thrush taking hold.  Having anything up inside is bound to encourage infections like this so you need to counter this but keeping the flora balance right.  It's worth taking the Estring out now and again to give it a good wash - squirt a good dose of Multi Gyn Actigel up inside and then re insert.
DG x

saffy123

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 09:20:41 PM »

Thank you for your thoughts and ideas, much appreciated.

Will leave the Estring in....taken first capsule at teatime. Whole area feels very uncomfortable, frequency seems much worse, praying the capsules will help.

Will get some live yogurt and Multi Gyn Actigel tomorrow (looks like they do it in Boots)....hopefully they will help as well.

Thanks xx