Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New member  (Read 1236 times)

Leela

« on: October 03, 2016, 06:32:44 PM »

Hi all, I am 48. I am suffering badly with hot flushes, headaches,  tiredness to name a few things. I have one ovary left and not had a womb for 12 years! My gp has asked me to research the different types of get before I decide if it really is for me and she wants me clued up before she will prescribe. Finding lots of useful information here, but I know my mind is made up, I am going to get another appointment with my gp and look at going on patches. Anything has got to be better than this  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 06:40:03 PM »

:welcomemm:  Browse round. Make notes.  I'm sure that someone who takes HRT will be along to give advice.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 07:11:56 PM »

Look at either Estradot patches or Estrogel.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 07:13:05 PM »

So now put the names into the 'search' box top left [white on blue]

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 08:57:37 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Leela
As you have had a hysterectomy you only need oestrogen which is great - it tends to be the progesterone that can cause some side effects but oestrogen is the ‘feel good' hormone so you should start to feel good within a couple of weeks of starting oestrogen.  You can have oestrogen as pills, patch or gel - it's your choice.  Just make sure it's bio identical oestrogen. Here is the link to the page on this site that give you the options. 
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php

Many women love the patches but I always liked using Oestrogel as you can adjust the dosage to what you need really easily.  Estrodot seems to be the best patches as they are really small and stick better - you would probably need a 50mg patch to start with.
Keep us posted  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 03:30:32 PM »

Hi Leela

:welcomemm: from me too!

Just to say I have always used patches and they work well for me. It's down to preference and how well you absorb oestrogen using the different methods. Gel is applied daily and you wait for it to dry and patches are normally changed twice weekly. I use Estradot 50 mcg.

I would make that appointment asap :)

Hurdity x