Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New , someone like me.  (Read 4823 times)

Hotcat

New , someone like me.
« on: September 26, 2016, 09:34:18 PM »

Hi someone  to chat with who is like me lol
my mom don't remember or want to but I remember her moods were mad not sad , some days but no depression or angxeity ,  but wicked hot flashes,  my close friends. Will one no effects so she says, the other only wee dizzy off and on ,we are same ages, the other one nope nothing she 2 years older , it's mind boggling to think something so biological can be so so hard to go though, 
I'm new been looking at many different on line blogs off and on for few years now ,
My first time to post .
but been to this one many times to see if our just like me  lol
Going crazy is used a lot and that is how it seem this time around .  but different in a way, getting older and closer to meno I guess,
I'm 53 some days feel 80 other days feel 30 ,  but something changed for me this time around, I miss 3 periods in a row was a blessing the only discomfort I had at that time was bloating  then I knew I was getting a period the angxeity  was different like spiking then gone , be ok sort off off on all day , then it spike again felt weird a lot ovary pain sore boobs,  and the next day got my peroid  it was watery light and only 4 days  . The angxeity settle down some what until  the last  day then the spiking sensation again , 2 weeks now finished my peroid. but daily a uneasy feeling some times it hits again but not so bad comes and goes.  But it feels like I'm getting older , low cramps off and on moods are bad , the angxeity is the worse of my discomfort  , no hot flashes , but what puzzles me is why when I had no peroid for 3 months I had no angxeity at all felt good , but the bloating was  bad a week before this peroid , anyone have nay ideals this is still new to me and I'm sure more things will come along and be new yet again , I was hoping this is a stage again the body adapts gets use to  lower levels and ride it out for a while happen before  went away for a while then back for few days ,
then gone again off on , but 3 weeks now is trying ,  terrible sleep last night so tried today low key angexity , I take antivan whne needed when it real bad but try it ride out 2-3 days scare to use them, going it the doc we'd  see , I take a one a day over 50 vituaim a extra b,c and e  thanks for reading and any thoughts will be appreciated. What ever I can learn , hope to God when meno hit this is gone and done with. Whewww

nothappybun

Re: New , someone like me.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 01:02:52 AM »

Hi Hotcat,
 I'm new here, too. It is difficult not having anyone close going through the same. Talking to my friends it seems that those who had really long, painful, heavy periods had no peri or meno symptoms one admits mild hot flashes at the beginning, their periods just stopped and happy ever after (for me this is hard to believe). The ones who had short painless, light periods and bad PMS are having a bad time. I include myself in this group.
As I told you I'm new and no expert but I think it will be good if you saw your GP with all the symptoms that bother you so they can asses you, too.
Type perimenopause in the box above and you'll find a lot of information from others who are going through similar experiences and some even worse! 1st hand advice is very useful  ;) I'm learning a lot on here and that makes me feel better, knowing it is normal and there isn't anything seriously wrong with me.
Take care and hold on, we'll hopefully grow out of this second puberty!

nothappybun xxx

Hotcat

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 01:04:44 PM »

Thank you Nothappybun
Yes you could be right but it seems this is all over the place for different women, my one friend had worse PMS wiht Her peroids when she was younger then I did , I had PMS in my late 20-30's. Then it ease up a lot ,  the one friend still having a peroid like me so maybe her moods discomfort comes later  in memopase I don't know, it's the not knowing what's next how long , going to the dr tomorrow but I don't expect much  I went to him a year ago when it was like this lasted for 5 weeks but the angxeity is different hard to explain   He said oh no hot flashes I said no he goes oh no hot flashes nooo no sweats no oh well ride it out it will let up in time , week 3 that's what I'm doing ,  in some way it is a  sticking with some women if I am at that I have the symptoms it might make me a pair wealso and old?  How are you coping with preimenopase? Age 53  wish there were menopausal women I knew that went though this cou,d say hey this is what next or what happen to me, oh well thanks for your reply , having my wee coffee here now get ready for work , cut back a lot this week but man I miss my coffee.
Reverse  puberty  ;D

nothappybun

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 01:40:06 PM »

Hi Reverse Puberty ;D ;D ;D
I'm 51 and really don't know where I stand, I think I could still be considered peri as September/October had natural periods, I started taking the pill at the end of October and stopped it in September and did have a period when I should and not on when I was supposed with the patch so I really don't know. Should be going through meno, the worse stage, transition or as you say reverse puberty! Hope it is easier once through this stage.
Just because you don't think you have other symptoms or they are not showing, yet doesn't mean you might need some sort of support. My peri started  a couple of years ago with insomnia and mood swings only, no other symptoms, the others appeared fiercely when I skipped my 1st period. 
Read about the psychological and physical symptoms of menopause and treatments available to you on here http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/psychological.php.

I would ask him to send you to counselling, I did and I see a Counsellor at my surgery every fortnight for CBT, the first two sessions we chatted about my concerns and next we will start therapy. Also I've going activity three different courses and joined activities in my town which helps and makes you go out and do things.
Read as much as you can on here and go prepared tomorrow and as they told me on here print out anything you want help with to tell your GP. It is your body and your symptoms and he must address them! It's his job!
It is very difficult when you can't talk to someone who relates to this, I've just moved to a new town and have met people at courses but I don't know them well enough to share this, we have coffee and talk about the courses  ::)
Yes coffee, a nice large decaf Latte for me without sugar that's the closest I get to coffee now days ;D ;D ;D
Take care and wish you best luck tomorrow at the doc
xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 06:30:05 PM »

Hi Hotcat

:welcomemm:

If your periods have started missing a month and the cycle length varies by more than a week from month to month then you are definitely peri-menopausal and the doctor should prescribe HRT - which should help somewhat with the mood swings (because it prevents the extreme dip in oestrogen which happens just before your bleed). If your periods are still more or less regular then it helps some women at this stage but not others. I can't quite understand all you've said as I think predictive text has messed things up a bit but it sounds to me that you are defo at this stage tho'  (perimenopause) from what you've said.

Unfortunately many  doctors only think in terms of hot flushes and sweats - when they consider menopause so they look to other treatments if you present with the many other symptoms of the menopausal transition!

If you think HRT might help then do have a look at what's on offer under Treatments/HRT preparations above and do ask if you need  any more help. The main thing is that docs should not treat anxiety symptoms with Anti-depressants if it is due to hormones, and if you haven't suffered in this way before - the NICE Guidelines say they should consider HRT as first line of treatment - so don't be fobbed off!

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

Hurdity x

Hotcat

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 08:50:32 PM »

Thank you all for your replies ,
Sorry for my mixed up post.
my fuzzy head and tired at the time and never mind my typing  was not the best .
but my head is much clearer today and little or no angexity ,
yes I went 3 months with out a peroid I had some bloating issues but that was it at the time .
then I knew my peroid was coming on fr the angexity, sore boobs (worse yet) ' headace , backache and uneasy . I'm sure I'm preimenopasal now , being 53 , plus I remember my first more serouis sign was when I was 47 .
My mother was finish menopase at 55.
My doc is good been with him 34 years  he takes the time it hear me ,
but what was baffling me was when I had no peroid for 3 months I had no angexity at all was even wondering if I was done lol now I laugh ,
HRT I rather not if I can  I would be too scared and thinking while I wa son them. Everything is this a blood clot , cancer  or I think I would ,
I learn a long time ago never say never hey. Thanks  ;)
Blessings to you .
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 08:52:39 PM by Hotcat »