Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New to HRT and minera coil  (Read 1297 times)

Rosegarden

New to HRT and minera coil
« on: October 03, 2016, 06:18:20 PM »

I've just started Estelle solo 2mg, and I'm on my second minera coil.  I tested positive for menopause a year ago, I'm 48. I had a major melt down last week and doc has prescribed HRT and temporary sleeping tablets. I promised myself I would research HRT fully before starting it.  To be honest I just went with what doc said last week. Anyone else taking the same tablet and had any side effects?  Anyone feeling better and how long does it take if at all!   I'm sure this has all been discussed before but I'm so new to all of this 🙄 And with a highly stressful job the menopause is the last thing I need!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New to HRT and minera coil
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 06:41:03 PM »

:welcomemm:  If you use the 'search' button and type in 'Estelle solo 2mg' you will see if anyone has used it.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 09:05:41 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Rosegarden
The Elleste solo pills are just what you need right now.  If you have the Mirena then you only need this oestrogen which is great - taking progesterone can be the problematic bit of HRT. Start the pills a.s.a.p. and in a couple of weeks (maybe sooner) you will start to feel better. I'd try not to take the sleeping pills as they will be addictive - the oestrogen pills will really help your sleep.
Oestrogen is the ‘feel good' hormone - it can work wonders for sleep, mood, reduce flushes and other meno symptoms and I bet it will really help.
Good luck  Dg x

Rosegarden

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 09:27:29 AM »

Thanks a lot for your words 👍 Five days in so hopefully will start working soon

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 04:35:46 PM »

Hi rosegarden

:welcomemm: from me too!

Hope you feel better soon :)

Hurdity x