Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Topirimate for headaches  (Read 5958 times)

Elizabethrose

Re: Topirimate for headaches
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 09:21:16 AM »

I'm sorry to hear you feel so awful. It may be that it will take longer to get the Topiramate out of your system, it certainly took a while for its affects to leave me. Did the doc have any experience of this? It is the only thing that has ever affected me mentally: never suffered with any hormonal mental effects despite being enormously sensitive to hormone change. It is a very powerful drug that they suggest you build and decrease very slowly.

Try not to panic, hopefully things will calm. Try to feel positive that it was the Topiramate and that things will improve. My crazy anger (which I was entirely convinced I was justified to feel) did gradually dissipate.

I wish you well 2cats x

bramble

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2016, 10:10:52 AM »

I've had migraines all my life. At one point I did get a prescription drug to be taken every day. Can't remember the name. It didn't help and it made me put on loads of weight. Made me permanently hungry! Since then I have gone down the homeopathic route which has worked really well. In fact have appointment tonight. May be worth a try if you have a good homeopathic doc near.

Bramble

Elizabethrose

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2016, 10:55:41 AM »

Was it Pizotifen Bramble? I put on 3 stone with that med - would fall asleep anywhere anytime, absolute nightmare! Went from 8.5 to 11.5 stone, had to drag myself around I was so weary! And the migraines just continued.............

bramble

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2016, 12:46:08 PM »

Could have been. It was possibly 30+ years ago!!! Have gone down the homeopathic route since then.

Bramble

2cats

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2016, 06:27:36 PM »

Thank you Elizabethrose and Bramble,
Yes it may be that it is taking longer to leave my system - let's hope so.  Also, I forgot to say that I was 36 hours late changing my patch which i guess could be a factor?

Bramble - what homeopathic remedy do you use for your migraines?
 :)
Pages: 1 [2]