Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Straining feeling below sternum  (Read 4190 times)

Melly

Straining feeling below sternum
« on: September 26, 2016, 09:19:09 PM »

I'm just wondering if anyone else gets this sensation.  It's like there is a muscle strain below my sternum/above my rib cage.  This has been going on for almost a year. It is on/off.  It started when I developed symptoms of acid reflux.
  There's sometimes accompanying burning sensation.  It doesn't really hurt in as much as it's annoying.  And it does feel better when I take some Zantac and even remove my brassiere.  Freedom!  It's just weird to me.  Sometimes there is minor chest pain, too.

Could this be another acid reflux symptom?  I feel really dumb about this and am trying to keep myself from going off the HA deep end.

Melly

Re: Straining feeling below sternum
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 06:23:27 PM »

Thank you for the response, Sparkle!  Deep down I feel it is acid reflux inspired; today I feel fine.  I've had so many odd feelings since my appendix was removed, strange twinges, pains, in that area.  My dr told me (my surgical site at umbilical area abcessed after the initial surgery requiring another operation) that once that part of your anatomy is interfered with, it may never go back to "normal" again.  And with adhesions thrown in....

So with older age, peri added to the mix, I shouldn't be surprised by this pain.  I see my GP next month, so will ask about any further exploration needed.  I wondered about a hernia.  Because I got good relief from omerezaparol, she did not seem overly concerned & told me to take the ranitidine as needed.

Ho hum, another day, another symptom! 🙃

Suzi Q

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 12:46:30 PM »

I'm just wondering if anyone else gets this sensation.  It's like there is a muscle strain below my sternum/above my rib cage.  This has been going on for almost a year. It is on/off.  It started when I developed symptoms of acid reflux.
  There's sometimes accompanying burning sensation.  It doesn't really hurt in as much as it's annoying.  And it does feel better when I take some Zantac and even remove my brassiere.  Freedom!  It's just weird to me.  Sometimes there is minor chest pain, too.

Could this be another acid reflux symptom?  I feel really dumb about this and am trying to keep myself from going off the HA deep end.

Yes me too i use belching forced to make the wind go
I take Donnatab over the counter and double strength mylanta
The chest pain i get is a bruised feeling across my under bra area from one side to tother

Urbanchick

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 12:46:22 PM »

I wonder if this is what I have at the moment - a weird, tickling sensation on left hand side under bottom rib.   I feel it is trapped wind and am trying not to catastrophize.     Any thoughts?

Urbanchick

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 12:54:16 PM »

Sometimes Sparkle, but it is driving me mad -it is like a sort of bubble or itching feeling inside.  Not a pain as such, just a weird feeling.  Am telling myself I had it before, and it went.   I sometimes get a strange swallowing thing, where I need to swallow a lot and I think I swallow a lot of air.   Anxiety driven, i'm sure - although I am way, way better these days.  Even this is not 'sending me over the edge' as much as 'pissing me off'!