Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Estradot supply  (Read 1922 times)

donnacrichton

Estradot supply
« on: September 25, 2016, 05:13:43 PM »

I am trying to source estradot 50mcg and can't get them anywhere. I had been using 2 × 25 but they are also now out of stock. I'm trying to cut a 100 mcg in half but can't get it exact. Does anyone know if I can purchase these privately through my GP x

Tinkerbell

Re: Estradot supply
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 06:00:59 PM »

There is a supply problem with them or so I was told by our local Boots chemist, seems to be a frequent complaint ...that was about 6 weeks ago. If that is the case, a private prescription won't make any difference.
I have had more luck sourcing them from independent chemists, but there are less of those around now.

sap22

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 01:38:36 PM »

I am trying to source estradot 50mcg and can't get them anywhere. I had been using 2 × 25 but they are also now out of stock. I'm trying to cut a 100 mcg in half but can't get it exact. Does anyone know if I can purchase these privately through my GP x

I am always told that, but if you get the chemist to call novartis directly they will send them to your chemist.  Maybe suggest they order more than one to cut down on delivery costs..  The two chemists I have used have both done this and I managed to get the Estradot. One ordered two packets and put one aside for me for the following month.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 03:37:01 PM »

Very odd this - I have only once ( many years ago) ever had problems with getting hold of this patch and just last week got another 3 month's supply. Perhaps my pharmacy at the docs has a lot of them or something? Even when they've had to send off for them I've always been given them. 

Re cutting the patch - it should be OK cutting the 100 mcg - it doesn't need to be exact and should be pretty easy to do by eye. The only problem can be the straight cut edges but it should be fine as an interim... and hope you manage to get the 50 mcg again soon :)

Hurdity x

Rhiner

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 04:39:08 PM »

Hi All,

Apparently Novartis are reluctant to deal through the two large wholesalers who most of the large Chemists use, as wholesalers expect a discounted price, due to buying in bulk. Your local pharmacy need to set up an account with Novartis direct, you will then get the supplies. That is why the private chemists usually have them in stock.

Hope this helps.
Rhiner

donnacrichton

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 05:33:26 PM »

My pharmacy have been great and are continuing to try and order them. My system is so sensitive it plays up with any change no matter how small. I have tried all the chemists in my region with no luck.  Hope it is resolved soon x