Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Utrogestan  (Read 3685 times)

Hurdity

Re: Utrogestan
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 04:17:28 PM »

The problem with this Mary G is the dose of progestogen in the patch is designed for that amount of oestrogen so increasing the oestrogen may cause over thickening of the enodmetrium, so you will need medical supervision and regular scans if you go down this route. I think you're outside UK anyway so maybe this is easier with your med system (ie scans)?

Hurdity x

Belladonna

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 06:58:40 PM »

Yes exactly, it's not high enough to be used any other way then continously.

Where I see an option is that in some countries like Australia they sell the same patch in a 50/140 strength that's still approved for women with a uterus. So there should be a bit to go on for me as far as increasing the estrogen on my 50/250 patch.

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 04:38:34 PM »

Sorry belladonna - I missed that - I remember your mentioning it before. I see what you mean. Are you in Aus then? We don't have the different dose combi patches here which is really annoying. They are all 50 mcg oestrogen and a standard dose of progestogen. Yes I am sure this could give you the option of increasing oestrogen. Norethisterone is a pretty good synthetic progestogen in keeping the womb lining thin. You would still want to monitor it through scans though, through your gynae/GP.

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]