Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Lady care magnet  (Read 2636 times)

sue bot

Lady care magnet
« on: September 22, 2016, 02:37:18 PM »

Hi as anyone tried the lady care magnet and did it help with hot flushes anxitey and not sleep would love to here your views

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Lady care magnet
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 02:39:04 PM »

Have a look-see at other threads relating to this - if you use the 'search' button they should pop up!

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 03:37:44 PM »

No!!!!!!!!!!! Please do not waste your money!!! HRT or prescribable non HRT (eg some anti-depressants) are the only treatments that actually reduce hot flushes. Doctors should prescribe HRT as the first line of treatment for women with menopausal flushes and sweats provided there is no medical reason why not.

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 03:42:13 PM »

I would suggest having a look-see even so …….

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 03:53:18 PM »

You mean for entertainment value  ;D

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 04:55:58 PM »

To make an informed decision even …….. the question was asked so at least have a look-see what others have/not found useful.

sap22

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 05:15:18 PM »

Have a look-see at other threads relating to this - if you use the 'search' button they should pop up!

That was one of the first things I tried, whilst resisting HRT!  Unfortunately, I didn't notice any difference...x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 05:22:30 PM »

£32 :o think I would rather get four prescriptions for HRT....well maybe I would need to pay a bit more!

dahliagirl

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 08:12:29 PM »

£32  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I thought they were twenty something.

Someone, on another thread, having lost hers, bought a pack of magnets off Amazon for not very much and thought they worked as well.  ;)

Cassie

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 08:45:18 PM »

No not at all not worth the money.... >:(

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 04:26:21 PM »

It's not a question of thinking it can help though - as you said on another thread (Menomale) it is evidence that is important rather than belief or thought, and no amount of personal testimony can replace good evidence. This has to be the starting point for all treatments otherwise anyone could promote anything and there would always be people saying - "it worked for me" !!! That being said the placebo can be a powerful effect - to some extent - but that does not justify all the rubbish that is sold and purporting to be bona fide treatments! CLKD - informed decision? As I just said above - let's hear the evidence from trials and if these suggest efficacy (ie that something works for a particular problem) - then it's great to hear personal testimony.  I agree with what you frequently say CLKD "If it worked it would be available on NHS" !

Hurdity  :) x