Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bleed when stopping utrogestan is not much  (Read 1994 times)

Michelle46

Bleed when stopping utrogestan is not much
« on: September 22, 2016, 02:23:47 PM »

Hi ladies
I take utrogestan for 12 days of the month and in the break I have a bleed like you should do. I have noticed that this month it was later and not fresh blood but  a brownish stain like old blood. Why would this be?

Michelle46

Re: Bleed when stopping utrogestan is not much
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 02:59:43 PM »

I take 100mg for 12 days and 2 pumps of oestriogel each day. I have been having debilitating symptoms for 2 years now. I'm wondering if it's like this when you get nearer to actual menopause?

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 04:21:48 PM »

When I took sequential HRT from late peri-menopause (age 54) to approx 57-58 - in the later stages I did not get a bleed. I used something called Cyclogest (before Utrogestan was available), together with 50 mcg oestrogen patches. Do you use it vaginally or orally? If orally - it is conceivable that you are not absorbing enough utrogestan from the 100 mg dose ( which is half the licensed dose for oral use). The other explanation is that the lining is not building up so there is nothing to shed. Carry on with it and monitor over the next two or three months and see what happens.

Hurdity x

Michelle46

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 04:35:36 PM »

Hi Hurdity
I did 6 days of orally but changed to vaginally for the last 6 days because I was having terrible side effects. The other months that I took it orally I always had a bright red bleed within 3 days of stopping the utrogestan.
I know it's a silly question but how do you know if you are near the end of the peri stage if you take hrt or will you have a lighter bleed gradually on hrt?

Michelle46

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 05:40:26 PM »

That's funny I'm getting my hot flushes back but not my night sweats

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 04:42:21 PM »

I knew because of my age and the fact that I was late peri to start with, and because I wasn't getting a withdrawal bleed any more. I was (still am) on a medium dose of oestrogen (50 mcg patch), but I was using Cyclogest for 11 days per month ( vaginal pessaries) which is unlicensed for HRT so perhaps this was really effective in keeping the lining thin when I was using it? I am now on a long cycle and use Utrogestan (due to the lack of bleed on the 4 week regime) so I do get a bleed. This has the advantage of keeping the prog to a minimum!

Hurdity x