Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I Have An Appointment With Professor Lumsden!!!!  (Read 6275 times)

Tempest

I Have An Appointment With Professor Lumsden!!!!
« on: September 19, 2016, 01:27:58 PM »

Oh wow, ladies!! I'm in tears right now. I've just received a call from NHS Complaints and my case has been thoroughly reviewed. I have now been offered an appointment with Professor Mary Ann Lumsden at her Severe Menopause Clinic on 4th October!!!

Professor Lumsden is the Chair of the International Menopause Society and runs this clinic for ladies with severe and complex menopause issues.

It's only a few weeks to wait and more than I could ever have hoped for.

Can't stop crying!!! Today I was almost at the end again with frustration at having to stop the Premarin and now using 1 pump of estrogel - my sweats are already increased severely and although I'm glad the dizziness and vomiting has gone, I now have crippling anxiety again as my levels are free falling.

Maybe now, I have reason and incentive to hold on. I hope she will be able to help - it's been a long and dark road so far.

puddlesmum

Re: I Have An Appointment With Professor Lumsden!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 01:36:53 PM »

That's fabulous news honey.  A few weeks and you'll be on your way up again.

xxxxx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 01:52:48 PM »

I am so pleased for you, that is excellent news. I am sure she will be able to help you, especially as she is experienced with complex cases.

Babsm67

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 02:03:35 PM »

That's fantastic news, Tempest - wishing you all the best for your appointment  :hug: xx

Tempest

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 03:18:17 PM »

Thank you so much Puddlesmum, GRL and Madbloss!

I'm very much hoping that Professor Lumsden will be able to help. :thankyou:

Tempest

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 03:19:00 PM »

Menomale, you're so kind! Thank you so much. xxxx :thankyou:

Justjules

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 03:22:51 PM »

Fab news Tempest!  There is a light on the horizon for you.  Fingers and toes crossed for you and a big hug to make you feel better.  x :)

Tinkerbell

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 03:26:29 PM »

Great news....only two weeks tomorrow...my daughters birthday that's how I know, she keeps reminding me ::)
Really hope she gets you on the right path..well done :)

Tempest

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 03:27:22 PM »

Thank you so much, justjules!  :thankyou:

Tempest

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 03:32:40 PM »

Thank you, Tinkerbell! Yes - two weeks! I'll remember to send your daughter hugs for her birthday. :) :thankyou:

Hubby is on holiday again then too - so the timing is actually perfect. Professor Lumsden's clinic is at the Glasgow Royal Infirmary and it's a bit of a beast to get to (not that I'm at all complaining - I would crawl there over broken glass if need be)! But it will help to have him there with me.

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 04:56:31 PM »

Hey Tempest that's brilliant - so all that work writing about your case has actually had a result! That is so fantastic and I presume this is on NHS? How wonderful to be able to see someone so eminent! Let's hope she can sort you out and more important that you are able to get follow ups (or phone consultations) while you work things out and settle on a regime that makes you feel better :)

Hurdity x  :foryou:

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 05:35:57 PM »

Hi Tempest
I'm over the moon for you. After what you have been through, you deserve the very best.

Reading her credentials, you can't get much better and 2 weeks will just fly by.

Your in the tunnel now, just hold
onto that light and don't let go xxxx

Ju Ju

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 06:58:58 PM »

What wonderful news and well done for being assertive! I really admire you! Ju juxx

Tempest

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2016, 08:25:21 PM »

Thank you so much, Hurdity! Yes, it's at her NHS clinic.Professor Lumsden doesn't work in the private sector. If you've not heard of her work, I'm sure you'd be very interested and impressed - if you'd like to, pop across to the International Menopause Society website and you'll see all her research projects into women's reproductive health and menopause - she currently has a research project in progress on identifying the actual cause of vasomotor symptoms in order to advance more effective treatment options, as well as the diversity of vasomotor symptoms amongst various ethnic groups. She was also heavily involved in formulating the current NICE guidelines on HRT.

I do very much hope that I will be able to receive follow up with her, too. She seems very passionate about her work and really helping women - and seems extremely involved and busy in so many areas but I hear she invests well with her time at her clinic too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a hopeful outcome at my appointment! :) xxxx

Tempest

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2016, 08:26:53 PM »

Mis71Mum, Sparkle and JuJu - you are all so very kind! Thank you. Your kind words and support mean so very much! :thankyou:
Pages: [1] 2