Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Clitoral pain  (Read 5518 times)

lorrapaw

Clitoral pain
« on: September 19, 2016, 10:11:24 AM »

Does anyone else get this. I get it on and off at one point was so bad got put on gabapentin.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Clitoral pain
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 10:12:35 AM »

OH!  Occasionally spasms that make me go 'ouch' but it never persists.  Let us know if the treatment works.

Dennylou48

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 11:07:44 AM »

Hi I suffer with this and get shooting pains up me mooey too. It's all to do with estrogen slowly diminishing.  My doctor  said it shrivel up lol. Thanks doc love you too. I don't use anything but have been washing with feminax for below and it is making a difference. Apparently it puts back moisture . I don't like taking medication so will try anything that don't involve them. But if something works for you and eases it then that's brilliant.  Good luck xx

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 11:41:42 AM »

Denny Lou . I SERIOUSLY advise you to use local oestrogen at the very least , I no someone bedridden from it all shrivelling up / thinning / bleeding not to be messed with .

When it all eventually shrivels up , it can include the clitoral hood , and the outer labia a haven for infection.

Gabapentin I am afraid will dry the area further you should use it along side local oestrogen.

The pudendal nerve is probably is what is being aggravated, by the atrophy as it finishes at the clitorise, goes through the vagina/ rectum/ vulva vagina , anus and butt cheeks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 03:05:12 PM »

:thankyou:

Vaginal atrophy treatment may well ease your pain ……. it is very localised and enables the whole area to remain moist.  An orgasm can ease symptoms too  ;)

lorrapaw

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 08:31:41 AM »

Im already on vagifem and have been for about 5 years. Just sometimes flares up and its crap lol. Does it ever go away altogether the menopause symptoms? Ive been having symptoms for 9 years now

nothappybun

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 12:23:38 PM »

Does anyone else get this. I get it on and off at one point was so bad got put on gabapentin.
Hi lorrapaw,
 vagifem didn't help me with the external symptoms you're describing, only Ovestin seems to help applied externally, it took a couple of weeks of daily use to kick in, now on week three it seems to be ok  ::) so basically I agree with what the others have told you if it's of any help

lorrapaw

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 01:17:16 PM »

My doctor told me i cant be on both the pessary and the cream as long term use of the cream can lead to womb problems. I was on ovestin at start then was taken off after a couple of months by gyny and put on vagifem.

nothappybun

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 01:30:52 PM »

My doctor told me i cant be on both the pessary and the cream as long term use of the cream can lead to womb problems. I was on ovestin at start then was taken off after a couple of months by gyny and put on vagifem.
did you use ovestin internally too, I use it internally and externally, it did take a couple of weeks of daily use to notice any difference. Vagifem internally did nothing for the urethra and external prob. :-\
I don't think your doctor is right about not being able use it long term, there are other post on here regarding this and I've been told and read it can be used for life if needed and can be used even by women who cannot or do not want to take hrt
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/local.php
Even on the NHS page it says it should be used indefinitely as symptoms usually return if stopped.
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/dry-vagina/Pages/Introduction.aspx#oestrogen
Hope someone else on here can help out as I'm new too and inexperienced  :-\