Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Liver biopsy  (Read 2120 times)

Jube

Liver biopsy
« on: February 14, 2017, 07:32:33 AM »

Has anyone had a liver biopsy ? After high liver function tests and two scans I've been referred for this procedure. Nothing showed up on the scans. Would like to hear of other experiences.

Justjules

Re: Liver biopsy
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 09:09:30 AM »

Hi Jube.  A friend had a couple quite a few years ago and they just did it on the ward so I don't think it was that bad.  Think it is just a local anaesthetic and a needle that draws a bit of tissue from what I remember her saying.  Hope all goes well for you.

matildamouse

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 02:34:20 AM »

I had high liver enzymes and was diagnosed with a fatty liver which can be caused by many things but in my case probably high carb intake. I was also borderline type 2 diabetic and insulin resistant. After 18 months on a low carb diet, (low carb, health fats) my liver tests were normal and my fatty liver was totally reversed as well as my type 2 diabetes.

countrybumpkin

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 10:08:57 PM »

My friend had this done about 15 years ago due to high iron levels ( not haemacromatosis). She said it was done under local and was a bit painful but not unbearable and then she had to stay still for hour or so if I remember rightly to stop any potential bleeding from the biopsy but it was over quickly.

YOur clear scans are encouraging, I know someone ( male) who always has high liver enzymes and after all the tests there is no cause its just him and he is otherwise healthy!