Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Taking a break  (Read 5406 times)

Hurdity

Re: Taking a break
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2016, 10:36:06 AM »

Hi Stillsearching - from what you say it sounds like you might have wanted to continue with HRT with a replacement Mirena and your docs have stood in the way of this. If your doc is not competent to fit a Mirena and you would like one then s/he is duty bound to refer you to someone who can - either in the practice or to the Family Planning Doctor in the practice. if the doctor has referred you then surely the FP cannot refuse? It really does sound like you have been the victim of ignorant doctors so I hope you manage to get it sorted out AS YOU WANT not as you might have reluctantly decided to do because of non compliance from the medical profession!

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2016, 11:08:45 AM »

May I giggle  :-\  ;D …….. not a programme I ever watched but I know that Dad was informed that one of the treatments that he took may well cause formation of breasts ………

Let us know how you get on!  Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary? 

Stillsearching

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2016, 10:15:06 PM »

Hi CLKD. I don't keep a diary. Having practised depression for over 50 years I became very good at it. My last therapy helped me to recognise when my thinking starts to go wrong and I now have ways of nipping it in the bud. And as I said the 5HTP really helps. I'm avoiding sugar, caffeine, alcohol and far as practicable processed food.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2016, 10:23:16 PM »

This avoidance of 'sugar' seems topical on here  ::) - how do you plan to avoid all sugars?  >hands over plate for any left overs <  ;).

Family Planning Clinics have their own Agendas presumably, why can't the GP fit it or refer to a Gynae which would be more appropriate.

Stillsearching

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2016, 10:32:33 PM »

I don't plan to avoid all sugars just the easy ones. Sweets biscuits cakes and I check labels. I started about 3 years ago. The first 3 weeks were hard but after that the craving stopped so it's no big deal now. I still have a sweet tooth and eat a lot of fruit.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2016, 10:34:08 PM »

Aaahhh ………. a little of what you fancy ;-).
Pages: 1 [2]